Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2021, 01:35 PM   #21
Zena

Flooring in Passport

I checked that already. Could it just be air? Perhaps the styrofoam below gassed off from underneath, causing the floor to lift up in spots? I was thinking about using a syringe loaded with adhesive, poking the floor and then rolling it smooth.
Zena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 02:58 PM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zena View Post
I checked that already. Could it just be air? Perhaps the styrofoam below gassed off from underneath, causing the floor to lift up in spots? I was thinking about using a syringe loaded with adhesive, poking the floor and then rolling it smooth.
I don't know. It could be as simple as the hyperdeck material under the vinyl isn't as "rough textured" as the luan it replaced or it could be that your vinyl flooring was laid a tad too loose allowing it to billow, or it could be ?????

Have you talked to your dealership about your concerns?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:24 AM   #23
Zena

Smile Passport flooring

I bought the trailer from the previous owner in a private sale, so I donít have a dealer. Iím going to try the adhesive and roller method I saw on YouTube. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue, and what they did to correct it. Thanks for your input!
Zena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:34 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

If you have a luan subfloor and glue the vinyl to that foundation, you will significantly increase your chances of seeing split/cracked vinyl in the spring. Cold temperatures don't "play well" with vinyl flooring glued to a wood subfloor. As the temperature drops, the subfloor contracts at a different rate than the vinyl. When the temperature rises, the subfloor expands quicker than the vinyl and pulls it apart, creating cracks/splits in your floor.

There is a long, long history of vinyl floor failures in travel trailers that are stored "in widely changing temperature conditions". That's one of the reasons why trailer manufacturers stopped "gluing the vinyl to the subfloor"... They got tired of replacing vinyl in customer's trailers....

I hope your zeal to secure your floor doesn't turn into a need to rip it all out next spring.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:02 AM   #25
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zena View Post
I bought the trailer from the previous owner in a private sale, so I don’t have a dealer. I’m going to try the adhesive and roller method I saw on YouTube. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue, and what they did to correct it. Thanks for your input!
Getting advice from FB or U tube users is very risky! Some have good ideas, but the majority are a bunch of knuckleheads that want their 15 minutes of fame.
I'd be much more inclined to take advice from anyone on here with years of rv experience, & a couple RV technicians, than some know it all on FB/UT that's owned a RV for a week or two.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, light