Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2020, 07:10 PM   #1
allantodd

generator issue

My In Command shows that I can prime form the inside panel but it does not. I have to go to outside and prime from the generator. Then it will start from the genny or from the start button on the inside panel.

Can anyone suggest a fix so I can prime from the inside also ?
allantodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:49 PM   #2
Bob R

I would give the maker of the inCommand a call, you may need an update or something along those lines.

bob
Old 05-03-2020, 06:26 AM   #3
LewisB

We have the ProPlus iN.Command model. It is hard to tell that the generator "prime" function is working...it might actually be working and you just can't tell from inside the RV.
  • Step outside the trailer and stand over on the curb side close to the generator. Wait for some "quiet time" - no vehicles passing, etc.
  • Hold down the "prime" button for a minimum of 10-20 seconds. It takes this long for iN.Command and the generator to sync.
  • You should hear a reasonably soft sound (like a small electric pump) when prime occurs.
  • Now try to start the generator.
iN.Command should run the prime but it takes 10 seconds or so to initiate and you will not be able to hear it from inside the RV. On ours, I believe the color of the "Prime" button ultimately changes on my phone once initiated. I've talked to ASA and as I recall, the iN.Command prime function initiates for 10-15 seconds.

If that doesn't work and you want more information, recommend you give us the age & model of trailer and more importantly the model of the iN.Command controller.
Hope that works for you.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:01 PM   #4
Big 417

Same, takes about 5 seconds of holding prime for it to start pumping fuel. I can hear mine from inside if all is quiet.
Big 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 04:45 PM   #5
Dennis852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big 417 View Post
Same, takes about 5 seconds of holding prime for it to start pumping fuel. I can hear mine from inside if all is quiet.
Same here. Is sounds like a small pump running and has a short delay on it. I would also do any updates like suggested and if that does not work call the manufacturer for support.
Dennis852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:34 PM   #6
allantodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
We have the ProPlus iN.Command model. It is hard to tell that the generator "prime" function is working...it might actually be working and you just can't tell from inside the RV.
  • Step outside the trailer and stand over on the curb side close to the generator. Wait for some "quiet time" - no vehicles passing, etc.
  • Hold down the "prime" button for a minimum of 10-20 seconds. It takes this long for iN.Command and the generator to sync.
  • You should hear a reasonably soft sound (like a small electric pump) when prime occurs.
  • Now try to start the generator.
iN.Command should run the prime but it takes 10 seconds or so to initiate and you will not be able to hear it from inside the RV. On ours, I believe the color of the "Prime" button ultimately changes on my phone once initiated. I've talked to ASA and as I recall, the iN.Command prime function initiates for 10-15 seconds.

If that doesn't work and you want more information, recommend you give us the age & model of trailer and more importantly the model of the iN.Command controller.
Hope that works for you.
Thank You for suggestions. ASA told me I might need an firmware update.

I will try your suggestion. It sounds reasonable. I’ll let you know.

Thank You
allantodd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator