Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
anthonbloom

New Member From Deer Lake, NL, Canada

Hi All. I must comment that this forum helped me research the tire wear wear problems I was having with my 2010 Cougar 318SAB ( see my post Broken Springs). Having resolved my problems and expecting delivery of a 2012 model of the 318SAB, I hope to be a happy camper. We really like the floorplan of this trailer with the big living room and uncluttered layout. A number of design problems seem to have been engineered out such as the underbelly door which gets crushed by the bedroom slide if closed with the door open, the storage drawer in the sofa whose slides destroy themselves and the need to cut an access hole in the underbelly to apply a wrench to the main slide motor when the it fails. I have recently traded my 2003 GMC 2500 HD Duramax with Flashpak for a 2011 model. What a difference! The box frame has eliminated the squeaking from frame torsion, the brakes are much better, the ride is better and the powerrrrr. The six speed Allison combined with the engine exhaust braking system allowed me to descend a steep curving downgrade with 11,000lbs in tow from 1500 ft to sea level with the cruise control set at 90km and never had to touch the brakes. The bigger fuel tank gives me about 600 km towing range and the double vertical mirrors make backing the rig a breeze.
anthonbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:42 AM   #2
antiqfreq

Glad things are working for you and we hope your enjoy your camping season.

Forum members try their best to answer any questions you may have as this is what the forum is designed for.

We only want to assist members with questions and hopefully find a friend or two along the way!

Happy Travels!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:10 AM   #3
mike9661

Good luck with the new Cougar, it looks like we have the same set up. I love the 2011 Duramax.
Mike

2011 Cougar 318SAB
2011 Silverado HD 2500 Duramax
16K Superglide
mike9661 is offline   Reply With Quote