Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
SalesRepGuy

Hi folks

I am a new guy to this whole thing, having done almost no camping ever.

I just started a new jawb, and am So Blessed to have found this forum for the owners of the units that are the sole thing we currently offer.

Always a forum fan for many things, it was awesome to find this group which I am so proud to point out to my customers as a resource of, by and for those who are factual/experienced/irrefutably honest about the good, bad and ugly. Most especially like my fellow noobs who were my first sale recently. And even more because I was so pleased to see how relatively little the bad and ugly seem to appear even as I know too well that they are the more likely to be important enough to post about.

I am So Not Here to spam the group and hope that my participation will be allowed (though I fully understand it may not). Rather, it seems this could be a fantastic opportunity to avail myself of the resources of you folks as I try to learn more about the products I am so lucky to offer as I embark on this journey.

I need product knowledge and would also appreciate comments on what constitutes a good salesperson as I have many years of experience, but not in retail. I am therefore trying hard to learn to do the dance that will make customers feel comfortable making such a hugely important decision, even as I am so glad to say we do not employ sleazy sales tactics to close deals. It was huge to me to find that, after research in our local market, that I'd fell not only on a good, OK great, product while also working with and for a great team that is not about degrading it by being a bunch of slam and jam car lot types I could never abide or fit in with after two decades of consultative, relationship based distributor sales in my background.

We have a lot to offer at our dealership besides the great product line, but it is very, very important to me to not sell what I have not got and be knowledgeably truthful when working with folks considering the products you have already chosen to purchase. Where could I find a better place to do so? Seems to me, that would be nowhere.

To wit, I called my first customer today - Passport 2850RL, their first unit - to let them know I'd found this place. It was wonderful to be able to offer them this after the purchase; there is little I can think of that is more useful to new owners of not only Keystones, but trailers generally, than a group that contains posters like Geo...assuredly just the first who jumped out at me after some reading here.

Of course, the good-bad-and-ugly TRUTH is where that value to this place comes in, not just to buyers but to new sellers like me who strive to give a great, and factual, sales pitch. Thanks so much for it. I have already shared this site's URL a couple of times in hopes that shoppers will avail themselves of this ready opportunity to become educated and thus satisfied buyers.

Please do tell me what it was you were told that was wrong and what it is you didn't know, good-bad-or-ugly, you wished you had learned when shopping. And anything else.

Even with what I hope will become years of experience, it will be great to get your comments going forward.

As my now nascent but well defined and years long obsession with this stuff has taught me a lot, my desire to do a tenth of this guy's work on a killer old schoolie means that what I know about is rather far afield from the stuff I am selling, and loving, as I work to earn enough to pay for my project (*bus located and just waiting on me with a kinfolks inside to the owner whom I have so far not contacted but who has it sitting, lonely and in need of my love) so I can get out there with youse guys.

I cannot wait to get back to Hot Springs, NC where I fear I could just lay down and die rather than travel, in my mid-century and primitive old Wayne shorty boondocker of my dreams. You travelers would be nuts not to Get There and ASAP! The only NC town on the Appalachian Trail and also at the confluence of the French Broad River, it is a destination of nearly 200 years' duration.

Thus, your help in drinking from the fire hose of info about the product line, again good-bad-ugly, will be of the utmost usefulness in helping the good folks I serve go camping.

Another buyer I spoke with today as I enjoyed his company while he waited a fair bit of time for our guys to rewire his truck for a brake controller turned out to be not only a noob but an architect interested in a diagram, (CAD drawing mebbe), of the internals of his new Cougar TT. Such a thing would be likely a catch from the corporate folks, but I thought this would be worth mentioning nonetheless as well. Who Knows just what can be had from a group like this one?

Many Thanks for just being there and Cheers!
SalesRepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote