Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2023, 09:27 AM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
As to the TireMinder i10:

"The TireMinder transmitters send updated pressure and temperature readings on a 4 minute interval. Between those four minute intervals, the transmitters will check for tire issues every six seconds. If an issue is found, the issue is immediately transmitted to the monitor."
( https://www.minderresearch.com/suppo...rt-parameters/ )

If I didn't already have a TPMS that I am happy with, I would be interested in this brand/model.

I looked at a few videos and since I have the TST 507 I'm happy. The part I saw that didn't look good to me on the i10 was the requirement to mount the supplied booster outside the RV near the pavement...that just doesn't sound good to me. My TST booster is mounted inside, easy to install/access and works fine so that would be something I would have to take into consideration.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 01:20 PM   #22
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I looked at a few videos and since I have the TST 507 I'm happy. The part I saw that didn't look good to me on the i10 was the requirement to mount the supplied booster outside the RV near the pavement...that just doesn't sound good to me. My TST booster is mounted inside, easy to install/access and works fine so that would be something I would have to take into consideration.
That’s an incorrect video. My booster is located up front in the battery bay, next to where the spare was located in covered/sealed storage. I saw a video, maybe the same, that said to point the booster antennas down at the pavement. That’s also a bunch of horse pucky. Pardon my French. Mine is mounted per the instructions.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 02:04 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
That’s an incorrect video. My booster is located up front in the battery bay, next to where the spare was located in covered/sealed storage. I saw a video, maybe the same, that said to point the booster antennas down at the pavement. That’s also a bunch of horse pucky. Pardon my French. Mine is mounted per the instructions.

That is good to hear. I watched 2 videos of it and both stipulated the booster be outside and near the ground. The first mounted it to his landing gear jack and the 2nd is in the linked video. He says that the manufacturer told him it had to be outside near the ground. Start about 4:45;

Old 05-08-2023, 05:51 PM   #24
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
That is good to hear. I watched 2 videos of it and both stipulated the booster be outside and near the ground. The first mounted it to his landing gear jack and the 2nd is in the linked video. He says that the manufacturer told him it had to be outside near the ground. Start about 4:45;

Yep - that's the one. Notice his antenna pointing up on the display. I point mine down so that it's along side the screen and I can mount the display in the upper left-hand corner of the windshield behind the strip of tint.

I've even forgotten to connect my booster to the battery with the supplied alligator clips and I still had signal from just the sensors! Granted, I have a shorter 5th wheel, but still.
Old 05-08-2023, 07:00 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

That makes much more sense. I just couldn't see crawling down there to mount a repeater on the landing gear to be pounded by rain, debris etc.
Old 05-08-2023, 07:12 PM   #26
Bill-2020

Now, on long drives, the display will last about 4-5 hours (ah, maybe 6) on a full charge. I picked up a small rectangle solar USB charger/battery pack on Amazon that I put up on the dash and a short USB cord to the display. I usually do this about 3 or so hours into the drive. Beats a long cord across the dash and down to the center console. Hate cluttered dash with cords.
Old 05-09-2023, 05:11 AM   #27
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstorm View Post
Have a 2005 Keystone outback rs23 and a newbie,
How do select a tire monitoring system as have been advised they are worth it. Thanks
I use the TireMinder "Minder TPMS-TRL-2 Solar-Powered Tire Monitor".
I'm sure there are better / fancier ones, but it does what I need it to do and it's affordable.
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 04:12 PM   #28
Weldon

Said this before. I've had this for 1 yr+ and no issues. Jasin1 put me onto this brand and have zero complaints. I have a small camper so only bought the 4 tire system.

EEZTire-TPMS Real Time/24x7 Tire... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009BE069Q?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 05:35 PM   #29
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk's Keystone Outback. View Post
I use the TireMinder "Minder TPMS-TRL-2 Solar-Powered Tire Monitor".
I'm sure there are better / fancier ones, but it does what I need it to do and it's affordable.
Kirk, I used that one with the smaller Jayco we had years ago. I would have kept it but the camper we got after that had higher pressure tires so I had to upgrade. I preferred the solar one much more.

Bill
Old 05-13-2023, 04:21 PM   #30
Folkie

Another vote for the Tireminder i10. I like the stand alone monitor that I can glance at and get a quick status without tying up my phone that already has too many apps.

I mounted the booster at the battery and wired it into the trailer running lights so it is only drawing power when the TV headlights are on which is always the case when I am on the road.

I did have one of my 8 senors fail in the first year. Customer support was great and quickly sent a replacement. No issues in the two years since.
Old 05-13-2023, 07:34 PM   #31
wiredgeorge

One of my family bought me a Guta TPMS a few years ago. Can't recall which family member bought it. It was purchased during the height of the pandemic and the TST system that everyone recommends was unobtanium. I was unable to figure out how to set the system up as the directions were typical of Chinese to English machine translation. A customer support gal walked me through it step by step and that took over an hour on the phone. The packaging said I was afforded lifetime VIP support.

Fast forward a few years; probably about 3 and now the left/front sensor doesn't register for at least 30 miles. I contacted Guta for help with this issue and was told I had to have the Amazon order number which of course is lost in the past somewhere. I actually still have the original box with the product barcode and I had registered it when it was new. Without the Amazon customer order number they can't help me. Really disappointed in this company. The set up is so convoluted that I will probably just live with the sensor issue.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:27 AM   #32
B3Dcampers

Where do you mount the signal booster?
2022 F-350, 4x4 dually
Jacksonville, TX
B3Dcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:52 AM   #33
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
One of my family bought me a Guta TPMS a few years ago. Can't recall which family member bought it. It was purchased during the height of the pandemic and the TST system that everyone recommends was unobtanium. I was unable to figure out how to set the system up as the directions were typical of Chinese to English machine translation. A customer support gal walked me through it step by step and that took over an hour on the phone. The packaging said I was afforded lifetime VIP support.

Fast forward a few years; probably about 3 and now the left/front sensor doesn't register for at least 30 miles. I contacted Guta for help with this issue and was told I had to have the Amazon order number which of course is lost in the past somewhere. I actually still have the original box with the product barcode and I had registered it when it was new. Without the Amazon customer order number they can't help me. Really disappointed in this company. The set up is so convoluted that I will probably just live with the sensor issue.

That is the downside of buying from a place that just sells lots of stuff rather than from people that work with and support the RV community like TST or TechnoRV or TireMinder or Tiretraker.

I would suggest new batteries in the senders (check that they have 2.9 or more voltage) then re-program the entire system.

If that doesn't work Google "GUTA TPMS" (I have never heard of them so can't help).
Old 06-11-2023, 09:54 AM   #34
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3Dcampers View Post

Where do you have access to 12v in the trailer when driving. Some folks mount inside the battery box (keep it dry). The repeater will be 8 to 10' closer and that should be enough.
Old 06-13-2023, 07:59 PM   #35
4kids2dogs&RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
And just for a bit of additional information.....TST has a new model out now (can't remember the model number though) and it is a significant improvement based on the TST 507 model. If I remember correctly, a larger color screen and it is also touch screen instead of having to use buttons to scroll through the sensors. Also, very easy/uncomplicated learning for adding sensors.
I went with TST's new model, the 770 when I recently purchased my Cougar. It still uses the same sensors as the 507.
I mounted the repeater on top of the pin box and wired it up using the hot from the emergency disconnect.
4kids2dogs&RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 11:38 AM   #36
Folkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3Dcampers View Post
I have the TireMinder TPMS and mounted the booster to the battery box support on the A-frame. I tied the power into the 7-pin connector for the camper running lights. That way it is only powered when the truck lights are on which is always when I am towing.