Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2020, 05:23 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2366 View Post
We just started having a problem with our slide out. It is the slide with the kitchen table is sticking, and starts to come in lifting the floor of the slide up (8 inches higher than the floor). We stop it and back it up and it drops suddenly. I have an appointment to take it in to have an RV repair shop to hopefully find the problem and get it fixed along with the toilet that is leaking. Our 5th wheel is 13 months old.
Jim,

The next time your slide "lifts 8", stop the slide, lift the carpet flap and use a good flashlight to illuminate under the slide (inside the trailer). It sure sounds like there is something loose under the slide that is "catching on the slide floor, lifting it and then "falling back into place when you reverse the slide motion"... It could be the wear bar is broken, the slide floor has a plywood layer delaminated or any host of other problems....

If the floor is "lifting 8 inches" then you should be able to identify what is jamming the system and lifting the slide. Weight of the slide is 750 pounds or more, so it's not something "tiny and hard to find" that's causing the problem. I'd suspect it's a "robust easily seen object" that will present itself if you inspect with a bright light.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 05:37 PM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2366 View Post
We just started having a problem with our slide out. It is the slide with the kitchen table is sticking, and starts to come in lifting the floor of the slide up (8 inches higher than the floor). We stop it and back it up and it drops suddenly. I have an appointment to take it in to have an RV repair shop to hopefully find the problem and get it fixed along with the toilet that is leaking. Our 5th wheel is 13 months old.

As John pointed out, an 8" lift will be EASY to see. With it in the air that much just look under it - shouldn't even have to pull down the seals. My question/thought would be now in the world the slide lift up 8" when the hole it slides through has no where near that much room for it to go up. Is it "tilting"?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:30 AM   #23
jlonginav

Your issue sound exactly what my slide would do. That was the first service we had done in April of 2018. Make sure your tech checks the tope of the slide to make sure you have enough clearance
Old 12-19-2020, 09:29 AM   #24
Jim2366

I wanted to give an update on the kitchen slide that had been sliding in roughly. The RV dealer checked it out, they cleaned it out and lubricated it. They also fixed the toilet leak that was from the pedal. They felt that the slide was ok and nothing looked out of the ordinally.

I hope they are correct on their assessment and solution. If so I am a happy camper. If it re occurs I will take the advice and shine a bright light to see what is causing the floor to lift.

Tags
keystone