Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
nbswar

Smoky Mountains

Heading to the Smokys this July. We are thinking about staying at the River Plantation RV Resort in Sevierville. Has anyone on here stayed there? If so, what is your opinion of it. Or would you recommend somewhere else? Thanks for any input.
nbswar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #2
summerhummer

Hello I stayed there in April and I really really enjoyed the park. I was there in what I assume to be the off season, No bad traffic. I am not sure how it will be in July but this was a very nice place to camp.I wish I was headed back there soon .They have sites on the river.
summerhummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:30 PM   #3
14george

We are going there in June staying at Pine Mountian R V Park stayed at KOA did not like it. If you go to Dollywood for more than one day it would be cheaper to get a season pass
Old 02-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #4
nbswar

Thanks for the replies. I guess we'll go ahead with staying there. I think I'll try to get a site along the river. I haven't been to the Smokys since i was a kid, reallylooking forward to going back.
nbswar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #5
C130

I really enjoy the Smoky Mountains except for all of the people smoking. No offense to those who smoke but I hate walking down the sidewalk in Gatlinburg and smelling/breathing everyone's smoke. It was really bad the last time we were there but still had a blast.

We rented a cabin there about 4 years ago and if anyone likes zip lining there are some great places to go. The zip lining was amazing and was well worth the cost though it wasn't cheap. Kids wanted to do it a second time but it was just too much money. We really enjoyed Dollywood also, kids loved it.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:32 PM   #6
Nuke

River Plantation

Hi!

We just returned from a week at River Plantation. We were on the river. We've been there multiple times and love it! Out of all the parks in/around Gatlinburg, Sevierville, and Pigeon Forge, we think this one it tops. When you check in, mention that you are a veteran, firefighter, etc. as they have several unadvertised promotions.

We plan on going back in August for another week (and probably a couple of weekends in between).

You just can't go wrong with this location!

John W. Harmon, Ph.D.

2014 F150 SuperCab FX4
2015 Bullet Premiere 30RIPR (The Ripper)
Megabyte and Chelsea (the mini Schnauzers, rulers of the roost!)
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:13 AM   #7
rbev2308

My family just stayed at the Anchor Down RV resort in Dandridge and loved it so much they canceled a trip to Vermont for the end of July just to go back. I am also headed down there during the same timeframe. It is a new resort less than 2 years old but with about 99% 5-star reviews. Easy access from the Interstate and not too far from all the major attractions.

http://www.anchordownrvresort.com/
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote