Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2014, 05:47 AM   #1
carlc51

2014 Raptor 310TS

Have about 8 hours on generator and gauge still shows full on monitor panel. Gauge on rear near fuel pump station also still showing full. Just wondering if gauge is working or not or if I just need more hours of running time for gauge needle to move. Thanks: confused:
Old 06-21-2014, 06:24 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Not sure there are a lot of things going on here such as how full did you fill/overfill the generator tank as it relates to the gauge calculation, generator gas consumption is a function of electrical load on generator. Filled to top tank with generator idling could be a while before you see a significant movement of the gauge. Not really following you on fuel station gauge, that is a separate 30 gal tank. If you filled it and did not pump any out it will stay full. it is independent of the 30 gal generator tank. May want to search GENERATOR think there were a few posts where generator consumption versus electrical load was discussed or can check generator manual or there website.

Enjoy your Raptor
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:07 AM   #3
carlc51

Thanks for your reply. I was told by dealer both tanks were filled. Checked both gauges just to make sure generator tank was not hooked up to fuel station gauge. Rig is in storage but have been over and running generator with AC on. About 8 hrs on it now. I'm hoping you are right and I just haven't run it long enough to see any gauge movement. When priming to start from monitor panel should I hear the prime pump and is this something that has to done every time generator is started? Read gen manual but wasn't sure. This is a nice unit as I'm sure yours is and finally just figured out how to get sound bar and sub working with radio! Thanks again
Old 06-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Not scientific I treat it like a lawn mower, if start for first time I push toggle switch down for prime hold till red light comes on and press toggle switch up to start generator. If for some reason need to shut off and start again short time later just start it. If try to start generator and does not start right away will prime and then try to start again.Thought in our manual there was a chart showing something like watts per time and associated estimated fuel consumption. Hope this helps and yes really enjoy the Raptor First Class!
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #5
jtyphoid

You can find the owner's manual on line.

From memory, I think that it says that you only need to prime if it ran out of fuel.
jtyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
bduncan1231

I hit the prime every time I start mine. Seems to help with starting. Iusually try to start it and run with a load every couple of weeks

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4

2012 Polaris RZR 900XP
bduncan1231 is offline   Reply With Quote