Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2013, 05:25 AM   #1
Inherentwired1

Keystone Bullet Premier 19fbpr Review

We have had ours for a year now...It's easy to pull, cheap on gas...I use a ford f150 2012 v8 4x4 with towing pkg. Quality is above average, Nothing broke last summer, and the dealer was very good (camping in style in Whitby Ontario Canada). The trailer tows amazing with almost no sway even in high winds. I'm 6"-3", the bath and shower are usable but a little small... Upgraded to a ceramic toilet ( a must for any RV) The thermal package not only allows camping early in season easy, but also works to keep heat out on those really hot days...I like it. The trailer is ideal for 2 people ....more would be a little tight.....but it is a small trailer. Beds are not bad for comfort, could be better....internal storage under the bed needs a separate door. The main storage under the bed is very usable. I put cheap carpet in mine to protect flooring. Appliances are top notch and are very usable and are very easy on gas and hydro. Lighting is excellent. I have no regrets so far and would rate it 5 out of 5. BBQ needs improvement though...the broil king has got to go this year....hello Weber. Trailer has lots of headroom for tall people. Also, trailer has very good suspension...things stay put while towing. Set up takes only about 15 minutes. Using leveler blocks is a must....well worth the investment. Overall, I very happy with the trailer, and have had nothing to fix so far (unlike my Jayco tent trailer that I sold after only 1 year due to mechanical issues). The trailer is very easy to tow, and has almost no sway. The truck I have has electronic anti-sway, and I use the "equalizer" 4 point anti-sway hitch....which takes getting used to but works great also. More information from Keystone on how to winterize it would have been handy. Overall....no regrets.
Inherentwired1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #2
f6bits

I'm 5'8" and I think the shower is a little small. I can't imagine a six-plus-footer trying to use it.

Which ceramic toilet did you get? And why is it a must? Our plastic one's been sufficient.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
Inherentwired1

The toilet feels more solid (big guy....big butt too lol), and is very easy to clean. As plastic toilets age they get micro scratches in the bowl which stain... That is why I consider it a must have option. Any of the ceramic ones work great I found.My ceramic is a Dometic
Inherentwired1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
alnbobby

Hot Water Tank Bypass?

I just took out my new 2012 Bullet 19FBPR for its initial overnight. Everything worked as expected...no surprises. The trailer was winterized, and I successfully flushed out all the winterizing fluid. The hot water tank was not bypassed, so I didn't have any issues filling the tank, draining a little, etc. However, for future needs, I performed a quick search for an inline hot water bypass valve, and couldn't find it. I didn't try removing any inside panels near the hot water tank. Does anyone know where the bypass valve is located? Thanks. BG
alnbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
MISailor

alnbobby, The bypass is on the back side of the water heater. You can access it from the bathroom by removing the small panel with the heat duct attached, beneath the wardrobe. Once the panel has been removed (just 2 screws), you'll find the valve just "around the corner to the right of the opening.
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
alnbobby

Talking Bullet 19FBPR Hot Water Heater Bypass

Thanks Bill!!

That panel was going to be my first one to pull, primarily because it appeared to have the easiest access (and it being near the hot water tank). I noticed that panel and others require special screw heads, which I'm fairly certain that I have squirreled away somewhere in my tools storage.

Again, thanks for your prompt response!

Bobby
alnbobby is offline   Reply With Quote