Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
slewis1694

LED Conversion

Does anyone know if there is a book available that will give the type of bulbs we currently have in our trailers. I am looking for a book similar to one we use when we want to know what wiper blades, oil filters, etc. we need for our cars that is found in most auto stores. Is there a web site?

The "generic" manual we received from Keystone is of absolutely no use and my 5th wheel is stored about and hour and a half from here so I can't just go pull them out and get the right numbers for ordering the replacement LEDs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the 2012 Avalanche.
slewis1694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I don't know of any "book" or "listing" of the bulbs used in any specific RV. From model to model it will change and frequently, if one type of light fixture becomes obsolete (or even if the factory just runs out) you will find that they won't stop the production line, they just install a different fixture until the stock is replenished by the vendor. So, two identical RV's sitting side by side could easily have different bulbs in most of the fixtures.....

That said, most common are the 921 bulb in most overhead lights, sometimes T10 bulbs are used in "mood lights" and there are still some 1156 bulbs in a few light fixtures.

The only way to know for sure is to take the cover off the light fixture, "eyeball" the bulb and make your own list. That way, you know it reflects what's in your unique RV. Mine, I'm sure, are different from yours, at least in the "specialty lights"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
slewis1694

Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid there wasn't going to be a simple book available to look up what the factory put in our trailers, but there should be! Keystone sure doesn't make it easy on us, do they?
I was talking to one of the tech's that corrected my electrical problem and he stated that one of the biggest drains of the batteries is the exterior light. I guess the next time I am in the trailer I will start pulling bulbs.
slewis1694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
mikell

Maybe the led sticky needs some pictures to help cross reference.
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell View Post
Maybe the led sticky needs some pictures to help cross reference.
mikell,

Even that would be "iffy" there are a number of light fixtures that look the same and use either 921's or 1156's or 1141's. From the outside, just looking up at the fixture, there's no way to tell what's inside (with any certainty).

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
mikell

I was thinking bulbs with a coin next to it for reference. Between my 2 rigs I have probably 6 different bulbs
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

mikell -
We have tried to develop the LED sticky so that it brief and yet, at the same time, as informative as possible.

The Sticky does contain references to places where a person can obtain LED lights - Retail RV stores, online LED retailers, and online at eBay and Amazon. The Sticky also makes mention of the 921 bulb as being the most common as well as indicating that there are various sizes, shapes, colors, intensities, etc., from which to order.

As was mentioned by JRTJH, there are interior bulbs other than the 921 as well as several types of exterior bulbs. It would be very difficult to have pictures of all the various types of bulbs as well as their different shapes, colors, etc. A person can find out all this information of what the bulb looks like by going to the site and doing a simple, brief search.

If a person reads the sticky and then follows this up with spending some time going to the sites mentioned, browsing around and seeing exactly what is available to them, there seems to be enough information in the sticky to get them started. We've tried to make it as easy as possible realizing that the buyer will need to spend some time and effort on his/her own to complete the task.

Tags
avalanche, bulb replacement, led's