Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
HankyPanky

Round outdoor lights

Hello all we recently inherited a 2005 Keystone Montana 2890 5'r. This thing is some kind of comfy. We have had a few very enjoyable trips the past year. Any ways I have pretty much read the manual and flipped every switch I know of lol. I cannot figure where the switch would be that operates the round outdoor lights. The porch light over the door I found. No luck on the frisbie lights
Old 02-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Is there not a switch located in the same bank of switches that turn your porch light on and off? It should be in the same vicinity????

PS Don't rely on the generic Owner's Manual to tell you anything specific about your Montana. It is very general and very generic - to all Keystone products made during that time.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Have you checked to make sure there are bulbs in the lights and that they are not burned out? Sometimes they are wired with the porch light and owners take the bulbs out so they don't come on every time they need just a little light. If the bulbs are functional, then maybe there is a master switch that must be turned on and then they come on with a different switch???? Keep flipping switches, one of them has to work, but make sure the bulbs are good

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

The large round lights you speak of are called "Scare Lights". Usually one on top front of door side and one on top of rear.If not by the door there will be a bank of switches (four or more) close to the entrance. Find this gang switch plate and turn all switches on. They should be ceiling lights - porch light - front scare - rear scare ... not in that order. This is not written in stone and in all trailers but is very common. If the scare lights are not lit check the fuse panel for blown fuses.(red led should be lit for bad fuse location) Also as mentioned by JRTJH bulbs may be bad or missing but if all other interior and exterior lights work you most likely have just not found the right switch. I hope this helps, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
HankyPanky

Thanks eveyone. I have flipped all the switches on at entrance and there is one that turns on the porch light. I will get ladder out and check for bulbs. It makes sense they would be removed if they come on with the Porch light. Thank you all for your suggetstions.