Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Just Jonesin'

New to forum - Wanting Info on Electric Jacks

Started out with a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 and a 2001 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2602. Went to a dealer just to see how the new ones look. Ended up buying a 2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Due to the weight, also get a 2006 F350 TD Dually.

My new camper came with a manual jack, looking at buying an electric jack. Just not sure which one I need. Looking at the Husky Brute 3000lbs. Figured it would be enough. Any info would help.

2006 F-350 Lariat Dually 6.0L Turbo Diesel

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS

Just Jonesin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
cathcartww

Don't know much about the Husky, but I think with these jacks you pretty much get what you pay for.

A power tongue jack was the best option we ever installed. Makes hooking up the weight distributing hitch a piece of cake. We bought a cheap Venture brand jack for our last trailer, but it failed within a year or so. We replaced it with a Barker which was much more substantial and held up well. Our new trailer happened to come with exactly the same jack, so we are happy campers.

2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX Fifth Wheel
2018 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gasser
cathcartww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
CincyGus

Barker fan here also. I would suggest the longer travel of the options if you are using w/d hitch. I think they come in 18" and 24" travels. I have the 18" and wish I had the 24" as I have to sometimes use wood under it to get enough height to easily hookup the weight distribution bars if the front end is on a downgrade, which my driveway is. Not a big deal, just a hassle at times.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote