Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2017, 05:56 PM   #1
bspiek

Water Tank/pump

I am using the water tank for the first time and when I turn on the pump it sprays out of the city water connection.

Is there a check valve that I need to look for/ fix?

Or is there a bypass valve I need to look for?

Thanks in advance for any help. 😀
bspiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:23 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There is a "one way valve" located inside the city water connection. It is designed to close to prevent pressurized water from the water pump from flowing out the city water connection. You may be able to remove the screen and "wiggle the plastic post" to reseat the valve. If the O-ring is displaced, you'll need to replace the city water connection. If you're in warranty, talk to your dealer, he should fix it or give you the part to fix it yourself. If you're out of warranty, a city water connection is about $5-15. Buy some butyl putty tape when you pick up the new valve.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
bobbecky

There is a check valve in the city water inlet. That is probably stuck open or there is some crud holding it slightly open. If you can find a water hose type fitting that has male threads, you can just plug the inlet until you can repair or replace the inlet fitting with the check valve. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-221...&wl13=&veh=sem
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:42 PM   #4
bspiek

I ended up doing just that....i had a sprayer connection I use to wash condensing units in my tool bag I use for work. The one part has a ball valve shut off...and I now have flushing water. Thank you.
bspiek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water