Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2018, 07:45 PM   #21
rdhouston

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1951grumpa View Post
I was typing a response and it disappeared:
Good to hear I’m not the only one with a 29RKPR that doesn’t cool properly. I’ve checked and there’s not enough insulation in the nose , that allows a big area to get very hot. This heat works it’s way across the ceiling and the a/c can’t keep up. One woman I complained to at the factory said I should camp in shaded campgrounds. She must not camp.
So I got into the A/C ductwork today and found that the in-ceiling duct runs way past the register in the front and rear. I cut a chunk of pool noodle and wedged it into the duct after the last register in each run. I also re- taped all the register mount rings and sealed up a bunch of leaks inside the main unit.
Seems to blow more. We'll see how it performs next time out. We're headed to Idaho in late June.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:27 AM   #22
jmccallie

I got my 2016 29RKPR in January '18. Tows nicely with my '16 Ram 1500 5.8L Hemi (Bone Stock / Trailer Package, 9,500Lb capacity). I regularly camp in the mountains of Colorado at nearly 10,000ft, and my driveway is 1/4 of a mile at 12% grade uphill.

Things I noticed: The carpet staples are loose around the edges. The stock sound system is crap, and I am replacing. The stock water pump is noisy, and I have replaced with a Shurflo. There is no place to inject antifreeze in the water system, so I had to install one under the master bunk (The water pump is on the driver's side in a compartment just aft of the storage).
jmccallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 05:48 AM   #23
ADMC

Any Recommendations for aftermarket dining & sleeping setup

We purchased a gently used 2021 29RKPR with the dining table and chairs, but really prefer a booth setup for the additional sleeping capacity. Any recommendations for an aftermarket setup, or other dining/sleeping configurations out there?

Thanks, in advance!
ADMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 06:10 AM   #24
Leatherman

I would try contacting Keystone to see if they can provide what you need. You can also check the classifieds to see if someone is selling one. You can then sell the dinette setup.

There are also aftermarket companies that sell furniture.

You can try:

https://rvfurniture.com/
Camping World
https://www.recpro.com/ <- has a large selection of furniture

Good luck
2018 Keystone 24RKPR (Previous)
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman CTD
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 06:13 AM   #25
ADMC

Those are helpful websites, thank you! I called Keystone, but they only told me I had to go through one of their dealers, that they won't sell directly.
ADMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:06 AM   #26
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMC View Post
We purchased a gently used 2021 29RKPR with the dining table and chairs, but really prefer a booth setup for the additional sleeping capacity. Any recommendations for an aftermarket setup, or other dining/sleeping configurations out there?

Thanks, in advance!
IMHO if you or someone you know is handy doing wood work I'd suggest custom building exactly what would work best for you rather than trying to alter some of the cheapo stuff from some other rv to work.
I would think the shipping alone would be ridiculous if buying something through the links posted & still get the half a## constructed stuff that might not survive the shipping.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:35 AM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

If you go to any RV dealership and take a look at the dining booth construction, I'd suspect that you wouldn't want to "pay a high price to install such cheaply built furniture" in any RV.

Take a look at how they are built, go home, draw up some plans and build (or find a carpenter if you don't have the skills/tools) your own dining booth. You'll have a much better constructed, much more functional modification and most likely at a significantly lower price point.

In short, don't pay to buy/install the garbage that comes from most OEM "furniture builders". Build your own, you'll have a better outcome at a lower price.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, bullet premier