Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #81
MacinAfgn

We're a month into owning our 28rbs and opted for the bunks over the outdoor kitchen. We really don't use the I door kitchen and an outdoor would be nice. For now, we use the outdoor grill which suits us just fine. The boys love the spacious bunks on the 28rbs.
MacinAfgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #82
Rescue16

Love Hate Relationship with Outside Kitchen

Really all in all I love it. Keeps the mess out of the inside of the RV on my 32RBK. The only hate part I have is the DW stated if it is cooked in side she will do it if it is cooked outside it is my responsibility. Lord I have beeen doing alot of cooking lately!!

Just remember when you are washing dishes using the ODK sink, that you are filling the Black water tank instead of the Grey water tank on the 32RBK at least.

So nice to have everything outside so no smells in the RV either. Putting in a small 19" TV so I can watch the game or race while I am cooking up some Steak and Lobstah!!

Bottom line I really think the Out door kitchen is worth the price of admission and am really happy we have it besides I end up cooking all the time!!

Rescue 16
2006 Ford F350 PSD
2013 Cougar 32RBK
Rescue16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #83
audio1der

Even the tiny outdoor kitchen on our 3220 has seen 99% of our cooking while camping. Other than coffee and toast in the mornings, it's ALL cooked outside. SO glad we have one, highly recommended.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #84
GaryWT

Currently siting at the outside kitchen watching a movie and deciding when to start cooking dinner...
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #85
labs4life

I am standing in my outdoor kitchen, listening to country music and waiting on the DW to get ready for dinner. Kids are screaming at the moment! I think I should go inside!!!!
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #86
Campin4four

We camp in a 29RBK. The bunks are great for the kids. Te outdoor kitchen is great, we never buy ice for drinks, nice to have coffee pot outside in the morning to not wake the kids.
Campin4four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #87
HawkeyePLS

Laredo 291TG, outdoor kitchen...the feature that draws the most positive feedback from others, and we happen to agree!!
HawkeyePLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #88
mcbarbee

Love it so far...

We have a new 2013 Passport Grand Touring with the BH and small outdoor kitchen. So far, I love it. We have taken it out twice and this weekend will be our third time.

We used it to boil corn and crab legs all outside. It's real hot in Texas and I couldn't think about cooking or putting the oven on now and heating the RV up more. It's handy to put away the salads and butter before it melts or bring them out early without having to go in and out. We have cooked all of our dinners outside, so far. I kind of forget I have the refrigerator. Next time I am going to put some water and soda in it before I leave and just plug it in when I get to my destination. Guess it doesn't work too well for traveling daily as you do have to have electric to use it. Haven't set up the sink yet but will do it this weekend. If you have more than two people traveling, this is the only way to do it.
mcbarbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #89
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbarbee View Post
We have a new 2013 Passport Grand Touring with the BH and small outdoor kitchen. So far, I love it. We have taken it out twice and this weekend will be our third time.

We used it to boil corn and crab legs all outside. It's real hot in Texas and I couldn't think about cooking or putting the oven on now and heating the RV up more. It's handy to put away the salads and butter before it melts or bring them out early without having to go in and out. We have cooked all of our dinners outside, so far. I kind of forget I have the refrigerator. Next time I am going to put some water and soda in it before I leave and just plug it in when I get to my destination. Guess it doesn't work too well for traveling daily as you do have to have electric to use it. Haven't set up the sink yet but will do it this weekend. If you have more than two people traveling, this is the only way to do it.
My fridge runs fine while traveling!! I installed a 1000w inverter and the frost never leaves the freezer. I got nice, cool, sody waters available as soon as the truck is in park. They help me get the trailer level!!
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #90
cajun4396

31bhpr Premier Ultra Lite

We have the outdoor kitchen also and use it more than the inside... When grilling, frying seafood or just tailgating it really comes in handy to stay with your guests rather than be inside while they're outside. Our TT also has a tv that turns to the outside so we can watch games, videos, tv shows outside also... Great feature... Good luck!
2010 Ford Supercrew 5.4L w/ Airlifts
cajun4396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #91
kampinkentucky

Ask the guys beside you building the fire to cook their morning bacon...we love ours...keeps the cabin fresh and no food odors. We have the cook top and the Aussie grill...the fridge is 110v but we typically power up a couple of hours before we head out. Fridge and contents stay cold and ready for use...leave the cooler at home. The additional cabinet space we store our outdoor amenities...table cloths, paper towels, candles, lights etc. it's was a must for us and its really nice to be able to stay social while cooking for the fame and friends.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #92
robo

Just remember it is not gray water till it is in the tank. Dish water can be dumped on the ground and not filling your tank
robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #93
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
Just remember it is not gray water till it is in the tank. Dish water can be dumped on the ground and not filling your tank
That used to be true, but more and more campgrounds are regulating even dishwater. In Michigan State Park Campgrounds, it is not "legal" to even throw dishwater into the bushes (not even if you're tent camping). Almost every private campground I've visited in the past 2 years has signs warning against dumping dishwater on the ground. They request using the "mop sink" located behind the bath house.

Might want to double check the rules where you camp just to be sure

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #94
GaryWT

Once soap or a piece of food or something gets into fresh water it becomes gray water. The tank has nothing to do with it. That is also the issue with outside showers, it you use soap you are dumping gray water.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:29 AM   #95
oldcow

r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo291OH View Post
I have a 2011 291TG with outdoor kitchen. We use it almost exclusively. My camper also came with the factory BBQ grill and mount. Only used the factory grill 1 time, had more than an hour tryin to cook 4 hamburgers. Then bought the Olympian Stainless grill. It connects right to the quick connect gas line, mounts right to the factory mount and works great. Stores nicely in outside storage in the back on the left side. Only issue with the grill is the spark ignitor has never worked and according to most reviews I have read it never does. Just keep one of those wind proof extended lighters in the drawer, need it for the 2 burner cooktop anyway.
Did the bracket for attaching the grill to the rear bumper support come with the Olympian grill? We have the Outback 300rb and agree the OEM grill is terrible.

What about the propane stove, any suggestions on a better one?

Oldcow
oldcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:34 AM   #96
Laredo291OH

The grill comes with the mount shown in the picture in this link https://images3.campingworld.com/Cam...000/37764n.jpg The mount hooks over the top of the horizontal plate on the back of the camper. It folds down so it takes about 1/100th of the space that the factory grill mount took. You can also set in on a table top like shown in this picture http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...N68O.02.lg.jpg
Laredo291OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #97
oldcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMSHADIE View Post
I added mine cause they didnt have them for 2010 models. It was easy to install plus I picked the grill I wanted.

http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthr...ighlight=grill

To be honest I only have used the grill once in 2 years.

This is what i use and it works perfect. All my friends have them now and its cheap, if you like cooking over the fire. Completely adjustable, up/down, grill can rotate while also swings out of the fire.

http://www.kotulas.com/deals/bobaque...-outdoor-grill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo291OH View Post
The grill comes with the mount shown in the picture in this link https://images3.campingworld.com/Cam...000/37764n.jpg The mount hooks over the top of the horizontal plate on the back of the camper. It folds down so it takes about 1/100th of the space that the factory grill mount took. You can also set in on a table top like shown in this picture http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...N68O.02.lg.jpg
Thank you.
Oldcow
oldcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #98
08quadram

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbnu7s View Post
I purchased a 2013 31sqbwe this year and have had it out 5 times so far. A few of the main selling points for us included the bunks and the outside kitchen. So far, out of the 5 trips I have used the outdoor kitchen every time.

Pros
Coffee pot in the morning (percolator, not instant) doesn't fog up the windows in the TT I use a French press. I usually don't make it in time to shut it off before it starts whistling.
Cooking outdoors is cool. still do most over the fire
Love to BBQ and this gives that the opportunity
Don't have to mess up the inside as much
Store extra beer outside, but... see con.

Cons
Lack of drain on the sink stinks. I might add a drain in to a 5 gal bucket. (You have to lift the sink out and empty it)
quick connect on the sink always spills water on to the kitchen island I have found that when removing the flexible spout from the faucet, I hold my finger over the end of the spout when I remove it. Keeps the water from running all over the counter.
Other outside kitchens are taller. The lid could be used as a rain shelter but not this one.
Every time you slide it out you have to connect the gas to the quick-connect underneath and it's a pain.

Good luck in the decision making!
We have never even used or inside kitchen. I can go out and make my coffee without waking my DW and kids.

I have found that when removing the flexible spout from the faucet, I hold my finger over the end of the spout when I remove it. Keeps the water from running all over the counter.

I also sealed the raw edges of the laminate counter top where the sink sits. Water and MDF do not play well. Keeps it from swelling.

Mike
2013 2920bh
2008 RAM 1500 quad cab; 5.7 Hemi; 3.92's
DW; 2 offspring; 1 pooch
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #99
KJ266

We have only had our Sprinter 266RBS out a couple of times so far, but really can't imagine NOT having an ODK. It's so much nicer cooking outdoors (when possible) and as many others have said, not leaving the mess and odor inside.
Have really enjoyed our RV as a whole, and cannot find anything to complain about.

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie CCLB SRW, 6.7 Cummins w/ 3.42
2014 Keystone Sprinter 266 RBS
2010 Ram 1500 C.C. Hemi, w/3.92 rear - SOLD
KJ266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #100
GaryWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ266 View Post
We have only had our Sprinter 266RBS out a couple of times so far, but really can't imagine NOT having an ODK. It's so much nicer cooking outdoors (when possible) and as many others have said, not leaving the mess and odor inside.
Have really enjoyed our RV as a whole, and cannot find anything to complain about.
Always nice when a plan comes together.