Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
Nikki771

Satellite tv

Along with the 2018 sprinter campfire has anyone tried hooking up on of the king quest satellite systems for direct tv? We are only able get our outdoor tv work because it has direct cord access to the king quest
Nikki771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:37 AM   #2
KHBama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki771 View Post
Along with the 2018 sprinter campfire has anyone tried hooking up on of the king quest satellite systems for direct tv? We are only able get our outdoor tv work because it has direct cord access to the king quest
I don't have your trailer but I do have a Keystone Laredo. There are 2 inputs(1 Cable and 1 Satellite) outside that were labeled incorrectly. I had to play with it to get the right input and right output from the wall(there are 2 outputs behind TV not labeled). Long story short, have to find the correct satellite input/output. If all your tests fail, there maybe a loose cable somewhere in the walls. Good luck! Of course, you may realize all of this and have another issue with the satellite
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:02 AM   #3
mfifield01

Not sure if you only have one cable coming in, but that's how my TT is. I took off the wall plate inside and connected the RG6 directly to the power injector for the King Quest. The wall plate is splitter and amplifier, which can cause issues with the signal/injector.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:26 PM   #4
GHen

I just hooked up my king satellite today for the first time. I have three connection outside for input. SAT, AUX and CBL. Then I have two behind the TV labeled as SAT/AUX and ANT. The roof antenna is connected to the inside ANT.
First I found that if I hook up the cable from the resort to the input CBL it goes to the ANT, BUT, it only works if I push the little button next to ANT and turn off the ANT power amplifier. Need to push the button again to get the roof antenna to work.
On the SAT, it would not work by connecting to the outside SAT, so I connected to the AUX and that worked. So the AUX outside connected to the inside SAT/AUX, then to the SAT receiver then to the TV. Then needed to change the TV source to the receiver.

Don’t know why connecting to the SAT did not work. Have not tested the bedroom TV or the outside TV connection. I’ll update you all tomorrow.
The whole this doesn’t have much instruction and seems confusing.

2017 Jayco 291rlst. 5r.
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #5
GHen

Update, my bedroom TV and Outdoor TV will work off the roof antenna or cable, but not off the satellite TV. Need to run a cable from the SAT receiver to those TV’s to work off the SAT.

Not sure if that applies to other people rigs.
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite