Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2017, 06:07 AM   #1
TheGriz

Tail Gate Hits Power Jack

Hey folks,

When hitched up, the tailgate of my Silverado pickup hits the head of my power jack of my Laredo 288RL when trying to lower the tailgate (at about a 45 degree angle of tailgate). It just barely catches the front of the jack's "head". Depending on angle of TT to TV, sometimes will just touch the rocker switches or make more contact.

This can be a real PIA getting into the back of my truck's bed (have cap on bed) when hitched on trip, especially since that is at times where my 80 lb. pooch stays (WX contingent of course) if we head into a restaurant, store, etc. en route to our destination.

I understand that there are "hitch extenders" that would clearly fix the problem. But I also understand that significantly reduces tow capacity of the hitch. So I am very hesitant to go that route.

Any suggestions on how to alleviate this nuisance???

Regards,
Mike

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power