Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2017, 03:51 PM   #1
Kmc119

Not sure about this

I purchased a 2017 bullet 248rks earlier this year about midway through January, so only a little over 3 months ago. There seems to be some sort of manufactures defect at the seal where the front nose curves up and seals to the roof. The screws have completely popped out of the frame separating the seal almost entirely, along with ripping the caulking allowing water to be introduced to the inside. We noticed the leak during a rain storm and the water was/is leaking through the trim strip on the ceiling of the bedroom. My main concern is that yes the roof is under warranty, but I'm very concerned at this point that the insulation is obviously soaked enough to allow water to leak in through the trim strip, which could only mean that there is most likely moisture in the walls. Is this something that is likely to be covered by warranty? I feel as if to rectify the situation at hand the unit should be replaced with a new one but I highly doubt that would happen, I'm not sure about the cost of repairing something this severe either so not sure if insurance would want to deem it a total loss or not. Sorry for bothering you with this, just looking for a little insight.

I have attached a picture of what it was when I discovered it yesterday.

Thanks,
Kevin

http://imageshack.us/i/pmpuiiL1j
Kmc119 is offline   Reply With Quote