Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2016, 02:26 PM   #18
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvinlovin View Post
Well, we decided to get the repair kit after all. It is going to the dealer Monday AM to get that done. I was thinking about asking them to check out the converter thing too. Or at least give us some direction and help us to make sure we do it right in the future. I told the man at the dealer what our situation was and he will try to rush it. I really can't afford to have it gone but what else can I do. The battery is taking a charge, but it is taking forever. My brother in law said last night that it was at a 1/4 charge! It has been on the trickle charger since Tuesday morning. Is that common for it to take that long?
This is Friday, so if your battery has been on a "trickle charger" since Tuesday morning and it's not yet charged, there's either something wrong with the charger or with the battery. Either way, I'd take the battery to Auto Zone (or comparable) and have them test it. If it's the battery, replace it and keep an eye on the new one (there's a possibility that your converter caused it to fail). If the battery tests good, then your converter isn't charging it properly and needs to be checked when you take the trailer in for the refrigerator mod.

Either way, at least after checking the battery and converter, you'll know what you've got to deal with. Right now, anything (and most everything) would be a speculation or WAG (Wild Awesome Guess).

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, charge controller, converter