Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
swineboy

2011 Retreat FDEN water leaks

Is anyone having any issues with wetness in the corners behind the recliner and kitchen table in the A dining area slide out. I have been having an issue with mine since i've gotten it and have replaced windows and anything you can think of. PLEASE, if anyone is having issues please respond.Thanks, Mike
P.S. If you have not checked after a rain storm please do so. Just run your hand along the wall below the window on the carpet back toward corner.
swineboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

On the very bottom edge on both sides of the slides there is a metal molding. It is attached by several exposed screws. If these screws loosen the caulk on the molding separates and allows water to reach the floor and carpet. If your walls show no signs of moisture this could be the culprit. Hope this helps, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
swineboy

I've had a guy take the end off and he saw where water had dripped down from the window and he put everything back together good. He thought it was defected windows but ordered new ones and still got the same problem. Some how or another i feel like the seals around everything is ok and for some reason those 2 little cuts at the bottom of the window when it rains there is alot of water that comes down off that A pitch roof down on top of that window and I don't know if it can keep up with it and it overruns on the inside of the wall somehow. I hope someone else is having this issue so I can get it fixed if possible. Thanks, Mike
swineboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
Boats

We bought our 2011 retreat in Sept 2010. It's has leaked since the first trip out. We have had it back to the dealers about 6 or more times. It still leaks. Keystone says its our problem. They will not pay for attempted repairs or swap it out. It leaks in the front overhang and both slides in the corners. The front is the worse with black mold growing. We have not towed this trailer other than in and out of storage. It moves only about 3 miles a couple times a year. I would steer clear of this model. And even keystone since they only warrant the caulking and seals for 3 months. It doesn't matter that it has not stopped leaking from the first trip! I would think until the issue was resolved it should be up to them to continue to attempt a solution or give you a new one.
Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
Jim Dow

New One Will Leak Too?

What makes you think that a new would not leak also?
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #6
DSRahko

We have a 2015 Keystone Retreat. The slide is A shaped and has a pitch. Nice idea, in theory, but the side windows leak because of the torrential amount of water coming down the angled slide. The "weap holes" are not enough to take care of the water flow from the slide roof. We bought some metal trim at Home Depot and put on the middle part of the window. It is about 1 1/2" to 2" wide and is on a 90 degree. We duct taped it to the middle of the window where the halfway point is on that slide side window. It funnels all the huge amounts of water and keeps it out from the bottom of the window where it leaked. It works!
DSRahko is offline   Reply With Quote