Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
dmnorden

Question water pump question

Hello. We are in the process of sanitizing our 2014 Bullet. The fresh water tank has been filled, and the faucets opened to allow the bleach solution to run through the water lines. However, the pump continues to turn on for 1-2 seconds every minute or so. We have checked all the faucets and none are leaking water. We also checked the pump and tightened the fittings around the intake.
We are unable to find any signs of a leak. The owners manual says the pump runs on demand.
Any suggestions on where to check for a leak?
Thank you!
dmnorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

YA you are loosing pressure somewhere, pump is cycling to maintain pressure. I am guessing you just dewinterized, so I would check all values you used to dewinterize such as low point drains, outside shower, make sure city water back flush value has resealed itself (not stuck)
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
dmnorden

Thanks Paraptor. Checked the drains and outside shower - they're ok. Not sure what the city water back flush valve is, or where to find it......can you help?
Old 04-10-2017, 02:30 PM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnorden View Post
Thanks Paraptor. Checked the drains and outside shower - they're ok. Not sure what the city water back flush valve is, or where to find it......can you help?
Where the city water connection is there is a valve in that connection that once the city water supply is disconnected it prevents the water in the rig from draining out. I have had that valve stick and yes you should see water coming out of that connection if bad. Connecting a city water source would exercise that valve.

We have just had a recent post similar to this and member after a while concluded it was the pump and replaced it. Before I would do that I would check all other places for a leak
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:24 PM   #5
BuxCamper

If you pull the screen washer on the city fill you'll see a check valve. There is a little peg that should be sticking out. Try pressing it a few times with your finger. If the water pressurized the plunger is very hard to push. Open a faucet to relieve the pressure. They occasionally do stick open.

-- Mark

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:41 AM   #6
Jaygee51

Just a note on the city water check valve.....I was on a road trip last week with our new 2017 keystone cougar..and suddenly ..with no water hose connected, water would spurt out of the city water fill connection whenever I turned the water pump on. Turns out that when I had removed the cone shaped screen washer at the connector to re-seal a leaky connection and re-installed it, I put it in backwards! (The pointed end of the cone was then keeping the check valve from closing.) A very simple mistake..but had me scratching my head in wonderment for a couple days.
Jaygee51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:28 AM   #7
dmnorden

Found the check valve and it's not stuck. Called the dealer service dept - they said it could be a bad diaphragm in the pump, or a bad pump.....we're taking it in next week for them to check it. We were hoping to avoid having to make the 1 1/2 hr drive there. Thanks for all your help! We learned a lot from experienced owners!

Tags
water, water pump