Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2020, 06:18 AM   #1
Jlevin11

Excited Newbie

Hello! My name is Joyce and my husband is Benjy. We are moving to the RV world! The impetus for our new journey is a grandbaby in California! We are new to this forum and RV life. We are planning a trip for Thanksgiving from St Louis to LA. We were going to stop in Flagstaff for several nights. We have a Keystone Passport 2210RB. It is equipped with an extended weather package. Will it be safe in Flagstaff Az in November? The temperature range averages from 53-23. What precautions or concerns should we be aware of?
Jlevin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:26 AM   #2
travelin texans

See your "Cold weather" post!
FYI!
Don't put much faith in that "extended weather package", basically a sales gimmick.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
jsb5717

Welcome aboard! Congrats on the new journey and planned trip. If your trailer is spec'd for those temps then, yes, it should be safe. However, there are likely some precautions you will need to take for sub-freezing weather. I'm sure others will help with that. I have no experience there.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:16 AM   #4
notanlines

Talking

What TT^^^^ above said. Your RV was not designed for a stable 20 degrees, and most certainly not 20 degrees at 60 MPH. I can tell you that your RV can be fully winterized in no more than 30 minutes at a cost of less than 25-30 dollars. Walmart has RV fluid for $2.69 per gallon right now.
Learn step by step the winterizing process for your RV and then actually do it in your driveway. EVERY STEP. Practice the winterizing two or three complete times with city water mixed with plenty of red food coloring (or whatever you have) Flush the system completely after each practice. Right before you leave, actually the end of October or so in the St Louis area, use the real stuff. Leave on your trip, using gallons of water in jugs in your bathroom to flush properly. Stop in RV parks that have showers. When you get to California flush the system complete, fill the water heater, and enjoy the grandbaby. For the return trip do exactly the same thing in reverse. I don't usually push KOA, but the showers/bath will be clean. This way you still have your own bed, and no broken pipes. Nope, no running water, but you have to give up something. Keep us up on your progress, and congrat's on the grandbaby!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags