Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #21
BrooksFam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
......….but we full time park host..............
Where do you host?
EAZ-Lift Recurve R3 #1200

BrooksFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:57 PM   #22
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksFam View Post
Where do you host?
Oregon state parks.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #23
KimNTerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Toy View Post
My BETTER HALF says I'm a grumpy old man! I concur!

Having said that.... I rank GLOW LIGHTS right up there with LOUD EXTERIOR SPEAKERS, BURNING YOUR GARBAGE, CUTTING THRU CAMPSITES, BEER BASHES AT 2300, BON FIRES(over 3 feet tall), etc ad infinitum! Don't even get me started on the LIGHT SHOW PROJECTORS on the side of your camper.

You're here to enjoy camping, not to make a spectacle of yourself! All this CR^P may just tell the critters where the party is! Turn it down, and enjoy the nature and be a considerate neighbor.

Put your da*n neon Palm Tree up, and go to bed.

Good Luck,
for me, the annoyance level depends on where I'm parked. If I'm in a "back to/Enjoy nature" setting like a state park, national park, national forest (dry camping which is by far my preference) then yes, the lights, speakers, TVs and other modern trappings annoy me. If I'm in an "RV Resort" I mostly expect this kind of behavior and there is nothing i can do about it. Between light posts, highway/freeway noise and other more urban annoyances a few LEDs and some music isn't really that much more. If I get annoyed enough, everything is on wheels so I can move if feel the need.

2016 Cougar 1/2 Ton Series 283 RETWE
2018 F150 EcoBoost FX4 Lariat Max-Tow and Heavy Duty Payload Package
KimNTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 03:07 PM   #24
Canonman

X2^^^^
Here's the only nighttime light show I'd like to see camping
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_BoulderMountainStars2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	395.9 KB
ID:	29601  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 03:15 PM   #25
KimNTerry

way way better light show than silly end cap lights, flashing clearance lights and under body glow IMO. Did I mention I really hate BLUE LEDs?

2016 Cougar 1/2 Ton Series 283 RETWE
2018 F150 EcoBoost FX4 Lariat Max-Tow and Heavy Duty Payload Package
KimNTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:54 PM   #26
bearcat77

This is getting back to nature:

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	29605

Pulling a junior hotel suite to a glorified trailer park is not getting back to nature, regardless of whether or not you leave exterior lights on after sunset. As long as you mount your light strips far enough under your unit that you just see the glow, and not the garishly bright LED strips themselves, nobody should have a problem with you. Light it up Mr Scotty.
bearcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:58 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

My thinking is this; no matter where you are (we stay in RV parks) your enjoyment of whatever it is you enjoy should not, and does not, allow you to think your lights, noise etc. is acceptable because you like it. Whatever it is, it needs to be only heard, seen, smelled (bbq ok, cigarettes no) in your space period. As I had to inform a neighbor twice this summer, her desires to "have fun" as she described it, mean absolutely nothing to me. I rent a space; I do my best to act as if my reach is only to the bounds of my space. She rents a space...."that" space, not the park. She got very upset and said she didn't think she could be happy there with me....I said you won't (especially after her unleashed dogs came after me and pup 2 nights). She cried and said she thought she would have to leave....she did. When leaving she told the owner I was "mean" to her. The owner came to me and asked (after she had gone) what happened; including the fact that I went down to buy that individual 2 dog leashes because she would not control the animals. Owner said "don't you buy her a thing" - we didn't want her.

Know your place, know your space and be respectful and considerate of your neighbors. An RV park is not your personal space to "do your thing" - that's for the remote mountain/desert locations.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:02 PM   #28
Canonman

Had somme young folks tent camping nearby once. It became fully dark around 9p.m. They continued doing what young folks might be expected to do, bigger campfire, louder conversation and music, generally missing the whole point of peace and solitude in the woods.
Some grouchy old fart walked over and asked them if they'd like to see something "really cool". The boys wanted no part of it. The girls followed the old guy away from the fire and lights and noise. It took nearly an hour for the boys to wander over and see what the girls had been looking at. By then the fire had burned down to embers and everyone had a chance to see a real light show. The fire stayed low, the noise almost stopped completely and the boys discovered a little romance under the stars.
Sometimes folks just need to be shown a little different perspective.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	thumbnail_DG-BoulderMtStars2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	344.1 KB
ID:	29606  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:25 PM   #29
Northofu1

I am a destination glamper. I like the outdoors, love to fish and hike. When I'm tired and go to bed, I hear and see nothing. Don't care if you're listening to music, drinking, glow lights. I'll assess everything in the morning, and hear the stories later. I go out for the day, come back to eat dinner, relax by the fire or boobtube. I don't judge on your vision of how hard core or soft core you are in camping, after all, we're in the same park plugged in to electric, water and sewer. Live and let live.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:51 PM   #30
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
I am a destination glamper. I like the outdoors, love to fish and hike. When I'm tired and go to bed, I hear and see nothing. Don't care if you're listening to music, drinking, glow lights. I'll assess everything in the morning, and hear the stories later. I go out for the day, come back to eat dinner, relax by the fire or boobtube. I don't judge on your vision of how hard core or soft core you are in camping, after all, we're in the same park plugged in to electric, water and sewer. Live and let live.

I sleep so lightly, due to previous conditioning, I don't go to sleep with "loud music", bright lights or anything else. I don't expect anything from anyone else in an RV park but respect and consideration - as I try to give everyone else. It's not a judgement thing; it's courtesy and the ability to abide by common rules - not "I do my thing and you deal with it" attitude. I think we are seeing enough of that in big cities now - doesn't need to be in a campground. Live and let live is a great saying; but an individual "living" should not impose upon another trying to "live"...at that point the "let live" went south. JMO
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote