Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2020, 03:51 PM   #1
Gobirds38

Keystone RV Recalls all Models

http://www.arfc.org/rvs/keystone/recalls.aspx
Gobirds38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:08 AM   #2
QCMan
Gone Traveling

That link leads to a page that has more links that just loop back to the same page.
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:20 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

I looked at the provided link and it has recalls going back to 1999 for the Keystone Cougar. Think this could be valuable to someone with a non current model looking to see what issues were recalled. When you click on a specific recall it does just loop you back to the original page but the info is useful otherwise. Thanks for the link!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:44 AM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I looked at the provided link and it has recalls going back to 1999 for the Keystone Cougar. Think this could be valuable to someone with a non current model looking to see what issues were recalled. When you click on a specific recall it does just loop you back to the original page but the info is useful otherwise. Thanks for the link!
https://www.keystonerv.com/owners/recalls/

this one allows you to select your brand and then list the recalls..

Just checked the latest on my Avalanche and I missed the recall on the windows by 48 units... still gonna look at them
Old 09-09-2020, 08:52 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

There is a SIGNIFICANT difference in, "Keystone RV recalls all models" and "A list of ALL Keystone RV recalls"....

The posted link is a "historical list of all the factory recalls dating from the "first recall" to the "most recent recall"....

Simply stated, Keystone has not recalled all models.....

The link Javi posted: https://www.keystonerv.com/owners/recalls/ is the "official Keystone RV company listing of recalls that have been issued, posted by name brand of each Keystone RV product.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:17 AM   #6
Gobirds38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There is a SIGNIFICANT difference in, "Keystone RV recalls all models" and "A list of ALL Keystone RV recalls"....

The posted link is a "historical list of all the factory recalls dating from the "first recall" to the "most recent recall"....

Simply stated, Keystone has not recalled all models.....

The link Javi posted: https://www.keystonerv.com/owners/recalls/ is the "official Keystone RV company listing of recalls that have been issued, posted by name brand of each Keystone RV product.
Sorry poor grammar on my part. I should have added a comma after recalls or worded it differently. Just trying to help...

2020 Keystone Passport GT 2521RL 30 FT.
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH 1000 LBS Bars.
2016 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4X4 All Terrain V8 5.3
Gobirds38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:55 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobirds38 View Post
Sorry poor grammar on my part. I should have added a comma after recalls or worded it differently. Just trying to help...
You did help by providing an alternate source of all the recalls issued by Keystone RV company...

My intent was to prevent the "heart stopper" when an OCD member reads your thread title and interprets it to mean that Keystone has recalled "every trailer they make"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-21-2020, 05:27 PM   #8
GilaElkHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
https://www.keystonerv.com/owners/recalls/

this one allows you to select your brand and then list the recalls..

Just checked the latest on my Avalanche and I missed the recall on the windows by 48 units... still gonna look at them
When I click on this link it takes me to keystone customer service, and wants all my information. Am I doing something wrong? Thought it would have a list of models and I could click on mine. Still trying to find out if there are any recalls on my trailer.
2019 High Country 310RE
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Sailun S637 tires
GilaElkHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:42 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaElkHunter View Post
When I click on this link it takes me to keystone customer service, and wants all my information. Am I doing something wrong? Thought it would have a list of models and I could click on mine. Still trying to find out if there are any recalls on my trailer.
No, you're not doing something wrong....

Keystone revamped their website early this week and deleted all links to any recall information on any of their trailer brands... Whether the recall link was intentionally removed or if it was an "oversight" that will be fixed when the web designer realizes what happened is something we'll just have to wait and see...

I've sent a message to the Keystone customer service asking if the recall list was accidentally removed... Hopefully they'll respond or fix the link.....

ADDED: The link in the first post, http://www.arfc.org/rvs/keystone/recalls.aspx does work and you can access most Keystone recalls there.

It might "influence" Keystone to put the information back on their website if more forum members complain through the Keystone customer service link.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-21-2020, 10:06 PM   #10
LHaven

Quote:
But that's what makes great clickbait!
Old 11-21-2020, 10:08 PM   #11
LHaven

Quote:
ADDED: The link in the first post, http://www.arfc.org/rvs/keystone/recalls.aspx does work and you can access most Keystone recalls there.
Unfortunately, the page is only about 10% useful, since when you click on the "more details" for any given recall, you just get slammed back to the same page.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

I just received this email from Keystone concerning my question about the new website revision removing all recall information from public view:

Kassidy Howenstine [email protected]
To jrtjh@*****
Good afternoon John,

I apologize that this feature has been removed from our website, any questions or concerns about recalls you can call or email us and we will gladly let you know if you have a recall on your unit. Please just make sure you have the last eight characters of your VIN number ready for us so we can pull up your unit information.

Please reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns at 866-425-4369 or [email protected].

So, apparently it was Keystone's intention to remove public access to recall information.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-23-2020, 01:03 PM   #13
German Shepherd Guy

Well I will say "Keystone recalls all models" got my attention. But the link John provided answered my questions.

Though I never used it and didn't even know of it's existence, it is/was kind of reassuring that Keystone would provide such a link. And it is equally kind of disturbing that they would remove that link to information.

Oh well, just another day in the year of weird. 2020 I will not think back to you fondly.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #14
GilaElkHunter

Quote:
I just received this email from Keystone concerning my question about the new website revision removing all recall information from public view:

Kassidy Howenstine [email protected]
To jrtjh@*****
Good afternoon John,

I apologize that this feature has been removed from our website, any questions or concerns about recalls you can call or email us and we will gladly let you know if you have a recall on your unit. Please just make sure you have the last eight characters of your VIN number ready for us so we can pull up your unit information.

Please reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns at 866-425-4369 or [email protected].

So, apparently it was Keystone's intention to remove public access to recall information.

I would think it would be easier on them to just put it back up but oh well if that's the way they want to do it.
Thanks John
2019 High Country 310RE
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Sailun S637 tires
GilaElkHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, mod