Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2020, 09:56 AM   #1
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Keystone Ambassadors

Just saw this pop up in Facebook and wanted to share this. The link is to the Keystone website, not Facebook.

This was asked recently, so maybe Keystone is taking notice.

https://www.keystonerv.com/brand-ambassadors/

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:48 AM   #2
Tbos

I applied, we will see what happens.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:51 AM   #3
Gobirds38

Hopefully, we will see...

2020 Keystone Passport GT 2521RL 30 FT.
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH 1000 LBS Bars.
2016 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4X4 All Terrain V8 5.3
Gobirds38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #4
Customer1

If I read it correctly, Keystone is looking for fanboys that will flood social media with fluff comments in support of the brand.

No thanks, not me.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:19 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customer1 View Post
If I read it correctly, Keystone is looking for fanboys that will flood social media with fluff comments in support of the brand.

No thanks, not me.

^^^^And there you have it....my thought as well....whether I like them or not..and I do (their products).
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:56 PM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:

No thanks, not me.
Agree with this.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:41 AM   #7
Bob R

Quote:

No thanks, not me.
Agree 99%, but you left out the fangirl, what online social media presence would be complete without one or two..... just because.

bob
Old 02-05-2020, 07:15 AM   #8
Tbos

In my application I stated that I wanted to help Keystone here from their customers so they could improve their products. Based on that statement I don’t expect to get selected.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:41 AM   #9
Fishsizzle

I refuse to use Facebook so leaves me out
2020 F350 Crew DRW 6.7, 4x4, 10 sod auto, 4:10 gears
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:59 PM   #10
Cbrez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
I refuse to use Facebook so leaves me out
Wow - and I thought I was the only One

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:20 PM   #11
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrez View Post
They screw you over on business side. People can leave 1 star reviews without leaving any name whatsoever. I had competition slay me when I first opened up. Facebook would do NOTHING. I had to close my Facebook account down, and it’s still there because nothing ever leaves the internet, nothing

I had to retool it for just my biz, the trick is you cannot put in the address of your biz. Once you do, people can leave awful reviews just because they want to. I do it for the clients. I have no time for all the family drama that Facebook offers, and don’t forget the awesome quizzes! LOL!
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:46 PM   #12
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrez View Post
Add us to that list!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:14 PM   #13
Brantlyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
They screw you over on business side. People can leave 1 star reviews without leaving any name whatsoever. I had competition slay me when I first opened up. Facebook would do NOTHING. I had to close my Facebook account down, and it’s still there because nothing ever leaves the internet, nothing

I had to retool it for just my biz, the trick is you cannot put in the address of your biz. Once you do, people can leave awful reviews just because they want to. I do it for the clients. I have no time for all the family drama that Facebook offers, and don’t forget the awesome quizzes! LOL!
You can turn off the review feature
Brantlyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:02 AM   #14
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantlyj View Post
You can turn off the review feature
You can turn off Facebook itself. Much easier. That social media platform is too intrusive; right up there with Google.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:27 AM   #15
Brantlyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
You can turn off Facebook itself. Much easier. That social media platform is too intrusive; right up there with Google.

if you own a business a Facebook page is almost a requirement. Love it or hate it, it's a great way to reach customers. I've increased our business at least 10% just interacting with people and joining groups that relate to our products.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:48 AM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
if you own a business a Facebook page is almost a requirement. Love it or hate it, it's a great way to reach customers. I've increased our business at least 10% just interacting with people and joining groups that relate to our products.
And that increase comes at a cost. The question each one of us has to ask and answer is this: Is that 10% increase worth the privacy/intrusion to our private life? If you can answer that the 10% increase is worthwhile, then it's acceptable for you/your business. On the other hand, if it's not worth the "cost" then turning it off or never even turning it on is the right thing to do....

Each person has to weigh the factors as they apply to their own unique situation and make the decision that "works for them".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #17
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
And that increase comes at a cost. The question each one of us has to ask and answer is this: Is that 10% increase worth the privacy/intrusion to our private life? If you can answer that the 10% increase is worthwhile, then it's acceptable for you/your business. On the other hand, if it's not worth the "cost" then turning it off or never even turning it on is the right thing to do....

Each person has to weigh the factors as they apply to their own unique situation and make the decision that "works for them".....

^^^^This took the words out of my mouth.

When I initially tried facebook, after all the kids/grandkids/friends etc. said "you just have to do it"...it's so neat..it was sort of benign. As time went on, the friends list grew, the ads grew it became more of a nuisance. Eventually my inbox on my email (my primary communication tool) became saturated with facebook "notifications"; of what? Important things? Items of interest etc.? No. Junk...pure junk. Folks that I sort of knew that someone else knew their friend knew copying political ads; pet ads; silly ads....nothing that deserved my time to read or delete. On the extremely rare occasion I might get a picture of a grandkid from graduation, or on vacation, but that would account for less than 1% of the incoming "junk". And that's just in my email.

Going to facebook is like a walk through the twilight zone. Every kind of thing imaginable posted by who knows who or what organization. It's intrusive and irritating. And, who in the world wants to look at selfies posted by a family member somewhere showing themselves pie eyed, with all their pie eyed friends, having a good time somewhere? I don't. They can share that wherever they want to but as grandpa, uncle etc. I don't want or need that involvement.

So, how do you live without "facebook". Very easily. I communicate via email primarily. The rest of my family knows that and it works. I also text but when I can type 120 wpm vs about 5 wpm texting, I'll defer to typing every time. Sharing those special pictures? Email and text offer the same thing without any of the intrusion, tracking and other pitfalls of facebook. And the business that wants that 10% (I would think that is optimistic)? I would highly recommend a good webpage. I google what I want and go to the webpage to learn about them. Hopefully they have reviews along with the other options out there for them. Facebook never even crosses my mind. If there isn't a webpage I figure they're either too small to have one or not savvy enough. In either case I will look for someone that wants to inform customers (new/old) via a webpage vs trying to sift through the piles of garbage on facebook.

As John mentioned, this is certainly a subjective thing and I know some folks (some in my family included) that seem to live on facebook and post everyday...of things I could care less about. If a person isn't bothered by all the downsides, or even likes them, that is a personal preference and by all means do whatever you like. Just saying that from my perspective, and one that has dealt with this curse/blessing, there are pros and cons and we each have to decide which side of the fence we fall on. JMO/YMMV
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:44 AM   #18
wiredgeorge

Quote:
I own wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors and rebuild/sell vintage Japanese motorcycle carburetors (also do Harley carburetors as well) and don't advertise and don't have a Facebook account. I have been swamped with business for the past 15 years. I have a website that isn't pretty but more or less is functional and have never hired one of those marketing companies to drive business my way. Guess it depends on what business you are in and how much you want more. I keep busy as it is.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:56 PM   #19
Pull Toy

I'll "opt out".... me thinks Keystone is just looking for a marketing tool, and will reserve the right to edit/omit comments at their discretion. Read that as FLUFF! We love our ALPINE, but I don't feel a need to give them FREE ADVERTISING!!!

There are a ton of "non branded" or Industry sponsored camping blog sites out there already. Some good, some horrible. Camping is not brand specific.

I don't wear any advertisement on my hat/t-shirt/bumper sticker/wind breaker/etc.. with the exception of my US NAVY "FDR CVA-42" ball cap.
Cold day in H*ll that I'll pay over $25.00 to advertise someone like an NHL, NBA, MBA, NFL, ALMA MATER, etc. ad infinitum.

p.s. Many years ago I had a free bumper sticker from Reese Hitch that said "REAL CAMPERS HAVE 2" BALLS" with the picture of a Class 3 hitch. It was free, but I didn't want some poor dad at a red light to have to explain it to their kids. I never used it! LOL

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:19 PM   #20
Brantlyj

[QUOTE=sourdough;376478And the business that wants that 10% (I would think that is optimistic)? I would highly recommend a good webpage. JMO/YMMV[/QUOTE]

i love it when people that have never seen my books and really have no clue try to tell me what works and doesn't work as far as marketing. I mean we are only a 5th generation family owned business celebrating our 125th year of operation in 2021. What do we know?
10% is a very real and quantifiable number and costs me nothing. A well designed website costs thousands up front with ongoing maintenance costs. For me a website would have near zero ROI.

I really don’t care your reasoning for not using FB. That’s your own choice but many of your complaints are solved with a few changes in the settings. My account is locked down, I don’t provide phone numbers or addresses, I have all notifications turned off so I don’t get the endless emails. I really don’t get any ads either. As far as anonymity, just being online blows that away. I could easily get your name, address and phone number in minutes.

Tags
keystone