Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Jeebs79

BBQ mount

I have a 29RBK with the outdoors kitchen. The camper came with a grill mount that swings around from the rear end. We have a Webber BabyQ that we've used for a long time. Does anyone have any ideas on how to mount the Webber to the grill mount? I have a couple ideas but nothing very elegant. Thanks!!
Jeebs79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
fireidiot

I made them put the grill in with the deal, but I think my Baby Q actually has more space. Let me know what you come up with, I may be doing the same thing. The other issue I need to check is, I think having 2 regulators (TT propane and Baby Q) will make for a very small flame on the Baby Q.
fireidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
Jeebs79

For this weekend we will use the new grill that came with the camper. I need to spend some quality time coming up with a solution for the babyQ. I may just get the collapsable cart and use instead of the grill mount. We'll see.
Jeebs79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
f6bits

I don’t like the outdoor kitchens I see or the quick connect for the Weber because both put me under the awning which just seems like a bad place for a grill. I use a table and that gives me extra prep space.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
pbryan

I've got a Laredo... The grill that came with it was not very good... Left it on high for 15 min, and still couldn't get grill marks on a hot dog. I took the frame that attaches to the swing out bumper mount and attached a piece of plywood to it... I'm planning to put my small Weber on this "shelf" for a trip this weekend. My only concern is that it might be too high off the ground, since the RV grill sat down in the frame, and the Weber will be on top...

If my experiment fails, I'll probably go back to using a small folding table, like I did with my previous RV...

--Paul
pbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
fireidiot

This mount issue has been on my mind quite a bit lately. I am working on a solution. Basically, it is going to involve making a bracket at the bottom of the existing vertical mount and attaching a shelf that will also have two arms that can be attached to the sides (without interfering with the Baby Q). This will allow the shelf to be removed when in transit.

Also, I am going to remove the regulator from the Baby Q and attach some quick connect fittings to it. This will allow me to connect to the trailer or use a bottle if needed.

I am NOT impressed with the "Flame King" I think the name should be changed to Flame Princess.
fireidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
flc

When I ordered my trailer last month I told them to just leave it off. The one that came on my old trailer has been sitting in the box out in the shed for over two years. The trailer came in yesterday and the bumper mount was on it. I'm just going to take it off and put it in the shed. I just personally prefer lump charcoal so I use that. Just my preference.
flc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #8
bgilsrud

Smile

Any chance you want to sell on cheap? I would love the mount!
bgilsrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
flc

just sent you a PM.
Floyd
flc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireidiot View Post
I made them put the grill in with the deal, but I think my Baby Q actually has more space. Let me know what you come up with, I may be doing the same thing. The other issue I need to check is, I think having 2 regulators (TT propane and Baby Q) will make for a very small flame on the Baby Q.
You'll need to remove the regulator on the Baby Q and put a Quick Connect on it. Make up a propane hose with the QC fitting that will connect, use the QC gas outlet on the trailer and enjoy your burgers. Keystone uses Fairview gas fittings. You'll have to use bushings, etc to match the hose to the grill QC but those are available at any hardware stores. Use gas approved connectors. Air compressor fittings from Home Depot won't work. You don't have to stand out in the sun to cook on the Baby Q. You'll never get a flare up and even if you do, the awning is way out of reach. But, if you're paranoid about it, the Baby Q sits fine on a folding TV snack tray

Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireidiot View Post
You'll need to remove the regulator on the Baby Q and put a Quick Connect on it. Make up a propane hose with the QC fitting that will connect, use the QC gas outlet on the trailer and enjoy your burgers. Keystone uses Fairview gas fittings. You'll have to use bushings, etc to match the hose to the grill QC but those are available at any hardware stores. Use gas approved connectors and yellow thread tape on the NPT fittings. Air compressor fittings from Home Depot won't work.

Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
fireidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
You'll need to remove the regulator on the Baby Q and put a Quick Connect on it. Make up a propane hose with the QC fitting that will connect, use the QC gas outlet on the trailer and enjoy your burgers. Keystone uses Fairview gas fittings. You'll have to use bushings, etc to match the hose to the grill QC but those are available at any hardware stores. Use gas approved connectors. Air compressor fittings from Home Depot won't work. You don't have to stand out in the sun to cook on the Baby Q. You'll never get a flare up and even if you do, the awning is way out of reach. But, if you're paranoid about it, the Baby Q sits fine on a folding TV snack tray

Bob,

Do you get a decent flame out of your grill while hooked to the camper propane? I have heard two different stories of low flame or extremly high flame.

I am getting ready to convert the Baby Q this week and was curious.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #13
ams

What size is the baby Q ? In Canada I see #s'-100-220?
What does the original mount look like? I have the bumper mount, but the Aussie grill I have looks to mount on the side of trailer with a rail system???
ams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #14
fireidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams View Post
What size is the baby Q ? In Canada I see #s'-100-220?
What does the original mount look like? I have the bumper mount, but the Aussie grill I have looks to mount on the side of trailer with a rail system???
The Baby Q is also known as the 100 series.

What mount are you speaking of? The Weber doesn't come with any type of a mount, it's a table top. Unless you buy one of Weber's collapse able carts.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #15
AlCorr

I have the Weber Q 220 series (220 series comes with a temperature gage)and made a hose to connect to the quick connect on the trailer but I never removed the regulator off the grill, seems to work just fine to me. I get the temperature up to 500 with no problem, I don't like to cook that high, 350-400 is good.
New Bedford, MA
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...R/IMG_1198.jpg
AlCorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #16
ams

I gave up on the bumper mount & bought a Q200 ( added the temp gauge ) & the stand. Removing regulator was not hard.
ams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #17
Jseverence

I use the separate cart that is made for the baby Q. Keeps any possible smoke from getting into the trailer, the negative is that I have a spare 20 lbs propane bottle to provide gas to the Q.
Reese R16 5th wheel hitch, with with slider.
Jseverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #18
AlCorr

This is the best place to order parts.

http://www.grillparts.com/weber/Q200.asp
New Bedford, MA
Old 06-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #19
AlCorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlCorr View Post
I have the Weber Q 220 series (220 series comes with a temperature gage)and made a hose to connect to the quick connect on the trailer but I never removed the regulator off the grill, seems to work just fine to me. I get the temperature up to 500 with no problem, I don't like to cook that high, 350-400 is good.
Looks like I'm going to eat crow on this one. For the first time, this past weekend, I used my Weber Q alone with the quick connect hose that I always used on my last 5'er with no problems, and yes, I couldn't cook anything. I had extremely low flame, the wind kept putting it out. Looks like I'll be removing the regulator on my Weber.
New Bedford, MA
Old 06-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
AlCorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post

Bob,
Do you know what size tread fits into the Weber after you removed the regulator? Was it a 9/16 in. - 18 MPT LEFT HAND? Do you have a link where you got the fittings?
New Bedford, MA