Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
rturriff7

Satellite TV in Laredo outdoor kitchen?

I have a Laredo 291TG with a tv connection in the outdoor kitchen. I have successfully connected my Winegard Carryout to allow watching Sat TV on the main TV and in the bunkhouse. I can't figure out how to get it to go to the outdoor kitchen however. Any ideas?
Andersen Ultimate
Honda EU3000is
rturriff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
therink

Hi. Satellite will not work there as the coax feeding that outlet likely comes off of a splitter either behind the antenna booster (behind the wall plate where the antenna button/light is) or another splitter in a wall somewhere. You have to have an uninteruppted coax connection from the dish to each receiver with no splitters in between. Been there, done that. I do have two receivers in my, but run a separate coax wire from the sat to each receiver. I modified the wiring inside the walls to make this work for me without the need to run wires through windows, etc. Pm me if you want detailed explanation.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
rturriff7

Turns out I can get satellite to all the outlets in my rig. When I connect the Sat in connection to the rx and then out of the rx to the plate that feeds the tv in the main living room, it also feeds the outdoor kitchen and the other outside outlet. All on the same channel of course. I have Bell Expressvue with dual tuner and can backfeed to another tv so I use HDMI to connect the tV in the bunkhouse and coax to feed all the others. Then the kid can watch what he wants in the back and dad and mom are happy in the front (or outside). I did have to bring in a second sat feed into the trailer however but that proved pretty easy. Point of the story....Satellite can be split after the reciever, just not before.
Andersen Ultimate
Honda EU3000is
rturriff7 is offline   Reply With Quote