Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2016, 03:02 PM   #21
gearhead

Very well said sir.
X2
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #22
Javi

Today's litigious society is the primary reason for for my dually. Spend a little now or a lot later.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:18 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

x5 on what John said. I try not to cut corners on anything, for any reason. On safety issues it's just dumb. I know folks that think it's cool, and they have something to brag about, when they break the rules and don't get caught. Unfortunately, most find that over time those things DO catch up to you and you pay for them in one way or another. A member of my family is that way...and is just finally starting to learn...after 48 years. Instead of being the millionaire he should have been, and having the kind of life he dreamed of, his lifetime habit of cutting corners and refusing to dot the I's and cross the T's has left him with a mediocre life constantly struggling....and yes, some of his duress is due to his failure to take care of the kinds of things we are discussing here. For the life of me I can't figure anyone knowingly taking those kinds of risks with loved ones or other peoples lives. Either buy a truck that will do what you need or buy a trailer that will fit the truck.....seems pretty simple, but, I do know that the numbers, and what people tell you, will put you all over the map. I wish you good luck on your decision....choose well!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:23 PM   #24
Ken / Claudia

I had people thru out my career say to me about how much the ticket was going to damage their bank accounts that I gave them. But, on issues where there is some responsibility or liability on their part. I would say this xxx dollar ticket is nothing compared to a civil lawsuit, hope it does not happen but, can. When someones thinks or says you were careless, reckless or neglect the more you have the more someone will try to get it. I have been to several big time crashes that later had me and all involved giving testimony and those words get used. If you have knowledge or not that your vehicle or combo of vehicles was used unsafely and hurt someone you may need to get lawyers to help, around here they want about 10,000 up front to help you. Insurance will help but in the big cases most folks do not have enough and they might be on they own.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote