Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2015, 09:56 AM   #1
Ram189

Beckley's RV in Frederick/Thurmont, Md

Low and behold 1.5 years after buying my trailer and washing and cleaning the outside before and after every trip I have the dreaded front cap fade going on.

I called my dealer explained what was going on and told them I had put it away for the winter and how could we handle it. I store my trailer about 3 miles from the main store at the rental center.

Service Manager called me back and told me they would be happy to have someone go down to look at it, take some pictures of the trailer and start the process with Keystone to get it fixed for me.

They could have told me many things such as bring it to us to inspect but they are going to take the time to send someone to look at it for me.

Thanks for making my life easy and helping me out.

Hopefully I get some assistance from Keystone on it and they make it right.

https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps110a0f22.jpg
Ram189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:33 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Ram189 -
You've probably read through enough posts regarding the "dreaded front cap fade" to know that those who have had this same problem have had the most success in working through and with a dealer who has a good relationship with Keystone and practices good customer service. By the sounds of it, you have such a dealer and your chances of a successful outcome look somewhat promising.
Some folk's claims have been denied for a variety of reasons - one of which is a dealership who submits a "weak" claim to Keystone and shows little or no interest in providing after-sales service. Another reason is some owners contact Keystone and try to "ride shotgun" with the dealer thinking that adding another voice will add more "ammunition" to the claim. Often, this action has the exact opposite effect.
IMO, you've gone about this the right way and are fortunate enough to have a dealer who appears to be doing the right thing for you.
Hopefully, your problem will be resolved to your liking. Let us know how you make out.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:21 AM   #3
smcken2973

Glad to hear that Beckleys is treating you right. Just bought passport 2810 from them and was very impressed. I was hoping it would last past the initial sale, sounds like it might. Good luck, hope they are able to get you some help.
smcken2973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
howard

Beckley's

I bought my first RV from Bob Beckley in 1984. He even gave me a driving lesson! I've purchased other RV's from other dealers, only to be disappointed when compared to Beckley's. Kelly Shanholtzer has done and continues to do an outstanding job. I would absolutely recommend Beckley's!
2006 Woodland Park
Had
2008 Montana
2005 Outback
2000 Lance + others
howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:14 AM   #5
Tbos

I was dealing with them on line and on the phone before I bought my 2810. They were very courteous and willing to go out of their way to help me find what wanted. My impatience ended up steering me to a local dealer instead. The jury is still out on if it was a good decision.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #6
Ram189

They called me Tuesday the 1st to tell me they tried to go take pictures of it but it was raining and the trailer looked great. The peeling does not show when wet.
No other reason to call other than to say "Hey we are still working on it and still thinking about you."

I was not expecting that call but was nice to know they are still thinking about it.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:11 AM   #7
Tbos

Beckley's RV in Frederick/Thurmont, Md

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcken2973 View Post
Glad to hear that Beckleys is treating you right. Just bought passport 2810 from them and was very impressed. I was hoping it would last past the initial sale, sounds like it might. Good luck, hope they are able to get you some help.

Smcken2973, Can you look at the lower front edge of the diamond plate and the flooring behind it. I'm interested in knowing if you have staples all the way across and if the material under the plastic substrate is firm or can be pushed up. I'm missing staples and I can push up on the material. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:50 AM   #8
skidooxman

Just wanted to add my $.02 about Beckley's. I live a few miles away but had to buy my Fuzion Chrome in Ashland VA. Upon delivery I noticed the refer did not work while I was traveling, I even had a few posts on this forum. The unit went back to the dealer in Ashland VA twice, and they claim that there is nothing wrong with the fridge, and it works fine. So after dealing with keystone and Norcold, It was suggested I try Beckleys right over the mountain in Thurmount. It did take a few weeks to get an appointment however the staff was very nice. They diagnosed the issue as a faulty installation of the fridge, no baffle was installed in the rear of the fridge and all the heat was getting trapped in the slide causing the refer to overheat. They dealt with keystone for the repair cost and labor, and were able to squeeze me in and complete the job.

I picked up the unit and test drove it and so far the unit is cooling off very nicely, once the weather warms up I will get a better test but at least it is cooling down and not warming up when I drive, the air temp was 50 and the refer dropped to 30 degrees on high and 2 hours of driving.

This dealership was amazing, the staff up front in service and the techs are very knowledgeable. I'm glad they treated me so well since I didn't buy the unit there, and highly recommend the dealership for any service you might need!!
Old 12-22-2015, 04:47 AM   #9
PaulDeb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooxman View Post
Just wanted to add my $.02 about Beckley's. I live a few miles away but had to buy my Fuzion Chrome in Ashland VA. Upon delivery I noticed the refer did not work while I was traveling, I even had a few posts on this forum. The unit went back to the dealer in Ashland VA twice, and they claim that there is nothing wrong with the fridge, and it works fine. So after dealing with keystone and Norcold, It was suggested I try Beckleys right over the mountain in Thurmount. It did take a few weeks to get an appointment however the staff was very nice. They diagnosed the issue as a faulty installation of the fridge, no baffle was installed in the rear of the fridge and all the heat was getting trapped in the slide causing the refer to overheat. They dealt with keystone for the repair cost and labor, and were able to squeeze me in and complete the job.

I picked up the unit and test drove it and so far the unit is cooling off very nicely, once the weather warms up I will get a better test but at least it is cooling down and not warming up when I drive, the air temp was 50 and the refer dropped to 30 degrees on high and 2 hours of driving.

This dealership was amazing, the staff up front in service and the techs are very knowledgeable. I'm glad they treated me so well since I didn't buy the unit there, and highly recommend the dealership for any service you might need!!
We live in Richmond, VA, but bought our trailer in Pennsylvania (where we found the best deal online). Just curious to know who you dealt with in Ashland where you were dissatisfied.
2011 Bullet 294BHS
2013 Suburban 4WD 1500 LTZ
PaulDeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:08 AM   #10
Tbos

I looked at McGeorges in Ashland when I was looking to buy. Sales folks seems to be high pressure. Would not give us the opportunity to put money down to hold it while we thought about it. Leo's in Gambrills MD did.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:34 AM   #11
Ram189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
I looked at McGeorges in Ashland when I was looking to buy. Sales folks seems to be high pressure. Would not give us the opportunity to put money down to hold it while we thought about it. Leo's in Gambrills MD did.
I would not recommend anyone go to McGeorge. We were down for a race in Richmond 2 years ago. It was raining so me and a buddy who had just bought a trailer at McGeorge went to look since I was in the market but about 6 - 9 months away from getting serious.
We go in and talk to a sales person told him we wanted to look around and see what they had in what I was looking for. He asked when I was going to be buying I told him and he said "Go look online I can't show you anything now since you aren't interested now."
I am in the car business so I get spinning your wheels on a tire kicker but maybe when it is raining and nothing going on in the showroom you should take the time to show a guy something.

Old 12-23-2015, 01:26 PM   #12
skidooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDeb2 View Post
We live in Richmond, VA, but bought our trailer in Pennsylvania (where we found the best deal online). Just curious to know who you dealt with in Ashland where you were dissatisfied.
It was McGeorges, and the only reason I bought it there was because they ordered me a 2016 chrome fuzion since the salesman messed up and said he could get me a 2015 with the interior i wanted. I had done my research and knew what I wanted, the salesman had a general idea of toyhaulers but he could not answer any of my questions.

As for service, well lets just say I will never go back there. The cafe is great since I spent 8 hours there one day for a "1 hr check up" . The tech gave me less info then I found on google. I had heard horror stories of that dealer, but I gave them a chance, the only positive is I purchased the 2016 special order for the same price as a 2015 on the lot, besides that it was a waste of my time driving 4 hours down.