Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
WeekendWarrior

Cougar 27RLSWE Bedroom TV

Purchased a 2013 Keystone Cougar 27RLSWE last month. Currently on our 3rd weekend using it. Loving it so far!

The bedroom has a coax and power recep in the ceiling for a TV. There is, however, no "TV mount here" sticker. After reading a lot online, it seems these are often removed so that the dealers have to be hired to do the install.

There seems to be a vertical wood beam pretty much in the center of the wall separating the bedroom from the bathroom on the "driver's side" of the trailer. What type of mount are people using? Anyone have any diagrams? My internet searching has left me empty handed!
WeekendWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
bellsharbor

This is the mount that I have used in my last motorhome bedroom and now in the Keystone Bullet. It is fairly flat to the wall and tilts down. The thing I like about this mount is that you can lock it into place. I installed a 19" Visio--very thin. There should be a solid wood block, down a little from the ceiling, that you can attach the mounting bracket to. Good luck. John

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2013 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 4x4
Highlands Ranch, Colorado

35 Years of Boating on The Great Lakes
20 Years of Motor Homes in The West
Now a New Travel Trailer
Happy Travels Everyone!
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:56 AM   #3
Lost

If your looking for a stud in the wall you can get a stud finder at most big box hardware stores for around 20 to 100 dollars depending on how good of a one you want. Some of the new ones will even tell you if you have elect. wires running behind the wall.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
LiteFoot

Mount

Here is the mount I use. It locks in place so I don't have to worry about it.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...er-mount/51564

Ryan
LiteFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
OregonCanuck

I too purchased this Camping World cantilever mount. I also have a 19"Visio flat screen TV. The mount information sticker was missing on my 2014 279RKSWE but the service guy said that there was a "large, thick piece of plywood behind the wall panel. I drilled the mounting holes for the TV mount but, instead of seeing a lot of wood debris like one would expect when drilling into wood, I got sheet metal debris. I suspect that I drilled into a metal vertical wall support piece. The bottom drilled hole for the mount missed the sheet metal and so I was only able to really secure the mount with two of the three mounting screws. The mount is now just about an inch to the left of the vertical panel seam. If I were to mount this again, I would start the top mounting screw at the 9"mark below the ceiling. (Yes, I'm an engineer in real life).
OregonCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
C_2g

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteFoot View Post
Here is the mount I use. It locks in place so I don't have to worry about it.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...er-mount/51564

Ryan
That is what I use too. But I bought mine at Fred Meyer (box store).
Old 12-25-2013, 02:56 AM   #7
Mark TC

I bought a Outback this past summer, the TV Mount was about 18" below the outlets in the ceiling. There was a sticker showing we're it was. The was was more solid there like there may be a sheet of plywood behind the wall

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Mark TC is offline   Reply With Quote