Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
ROBINHOOD

Water in above membrane

Hi

Has anyone experienced fresh water getting in above the membrane which covers the undercarriage, my dealer checked all water pipes for leaks and checked the freshwater tank everything checked out ok. They suggest it must have come from rainwater on the road getting in between the black membrane and the "silver" sheet just above the the black membrane, any ideas anyone?

This thread was moved from Forum Technical Issues to General RV questions so that it would be in a more appropriate category where members may be more likely to respond. JRTJH
ROBINHOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #2
x96mnn

I had a faulty Black Flush line that was causing water to collect in the underbelly. It would only be seen if they hooked the black flush up and tested it while the underbelly was open.

How much water are you getting? I mean road water I would think could not cause a large collection of water but am no expert.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
Terrydactile

It has happened to me. In my case, rain water runs down the back outside wall and wicks slightly under the bumper and right into the underbelly. I have since sealed it up and as an extra precaution, drilled a 1/8 hole in the lowest point in each section of the coroplast to allow any accumulated water to drain. This also allows me to see if any water is in that space by it dripping out of the holes.