Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
SalesRepGuy

I had a customer the other day sharing with me their favorite place

which is Timberon, NM. Having been to Cloudcroft, 30-odd miles north of there, I suspect they are quite right. They said they have to do a few miles of gravel road to get back up into the exact place they go, so do your diligence before heading out!

In turn, I told them about the favorite place I've ever visited, Hot Springs.

No, not that one although it is nice too.

Hot Springs, NC.

The only town in North Carolina on the Appalachian Trail, this itty-bitty and charming place is also endowed with the truly beautiful French Broad River and just 40 minutes from lovely Asheville. You can back up to the river and sleep the sleep of kings with that water babbling along just outside your windows. There are, as one would expect, actual hot waters to dip into. The place has been a destination for around 200 years but, at least back in here in Big D, TX, is not one anyone seems to have heard of. There is kayaking in waters ranging from placid to Yee Haw.

The place is all the more interesting for the regular parade of interesting characters who are doing the long swaths of the Appalachian Trail.

"The Hot Springs Campground is located along the banks of the French Broad River, a short stroll from the Hot Springs Spa and Natural Mineral Baths. This facility is a favorite stopping point for travelers of all types from hikers coming off the Appalachian Trail to vacationers and health seekers. Our campground is family friendly and shrouded amongst trees offering shade and beautiful settings, even on the hottest day.

Campground amenities include picnic tables and fire rings at every site, clean restrooms, hot showers, Security (seasonal), full RV hookups, RV pull through sites with full hookups, camping cabins and regular, group and deluxe tent sites."
http://www.nchotsprings.com/nc-hot-s...t-lodging.html

They just finished up a riverfest there.
http://www.frenchbroadriverfestival.com/

The place is well worth adding to your destination list, folks.
SalesRepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
KanTC

Nice photos SalesRepGuy, thanks for sharing.

Yes, the community of Timberon is most definitely *off the beaten path* in southeast NM... that area is fairly popular
with equestrian groups & ATV riders/campers. Lincoln Nat'l Forest (Mayhill area) is one of our favorite get-away's.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Two of my favorite places are also COE parks... Unfortunately, if I shared their locations with you, I would be forced to kill you. Out of respect for everyone... I will keep my secret
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote