Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
campingcpl

Question Pigeon Forge campgrounds please help

We need some help so we are hoping someone out there can help us out. We are trying to make our trip plans for an up coming trip. We have been looking at several campgronds in the Pigeon Forge area and we have narrowed it down to Bear Cove Village and Creekside campground. We are wondering if anyone has stayed at either of these parks? The big thing is we are looking for sites that we can easily get in and out of with a rig that is over 50' long even with someone in the site across from us. And sites that are large enough that we wouldn't have to parallel park the truck in front of the trailer. Personally we are not that picky but the other family members that are traveling with us are concerned about the parking.

So if anyone can help us out with this or even give us some other campground suggestions would really be appreciated.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Knucklehead

many years ago we stayed at the koa there most of the sites are pull thru the place was kept up great the dw and sons enjoyed staying there was pricey
1999 F350 7.3 MTans DRW 4Door 4X4 4:10 gears
2013 Raptor 297 SE
2005 Sprinter 276FWRLS
1990 Jayco 26 Special
1985 Jayco 1008 SG Popup
Knucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
twstdpear

I haven't stayed at the two sites mentioned, nor the KOA.

We went there April 2012 and stayed at Cove Mountain Resort RV Park ( http://www.covemountainrvresort.com/ ). We had some amazing views greeting us each morning right outside our door, and the sites we had were spaced really far apart. The campground is something like 10 miles west of Pigeon Forge and more or less in the middle between Pigeon Forge and the mountain attractions like Cade's Cove. Since we were there in April, the pool was closed and we didn't go check it out, so I can't comment on it. The staff was pleasant to work with.

We had a friend with a 35' TT and towing with an Excusion, so their entire rig was easily 50'. Ours was right around 40' overall and our other friend was slightly less than 40' overall. I recall the sites being downright huge and easy to get into and out of.

We were in site #25, our friends with the 35' TT were in #23 and our other friends were in #46. The only issue with those sites is that they're in a field, so there's no virtually no shade. #23 had a little. In April the sun was nice (we had very warm weather for April with upper 70's the week we were there), but it could be an issue in the summer. They do have some shady sites further up the hill, into the loop.
twstdpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #4
Daryl

Last year we stayed in a campgound in Sevierville called Two Rivers Landing RV Resort. http://www.tworiversrvresort.com/
Super nice folks running the park. There was plenty of room for everyone and the sites were all paved and roomy. Was a nice place to come back to after a day in Pigeon Forge and Galtinburg. Only a 15 min drive any attraction you may want to see. Very quiet, considering the location. Will stay here again when we go back to the area. We looked at Creekside when we were there. Very crowded with sites very close together.
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #5
campingcpl

Thanks for the reply's so far. We haven't looked at Cove Mountain but passed on the price of the KOA. I was a little turned off about Creekside campgrounds because I thought it looked cramped. I have read a few reviews that have said that some of the sites back a busy road also. I called them last night to ask some questions and they confirmed some of the reviews I have read about it. They said that the bigger sites back the road and that the road can be busy with people going to and from work.

Other places we have considered was Clabough or River Plantation. Does anyone know about these campgrounds? Again, thanks for the help!

Phil & Janine & Lady
Old 06-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
2011 keystone

We just spent 5 nights at Clabough family campground and thought it was a nice place we will stay there when we go back..
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #7
BigBlue

I know its a little pricey, but the KOA is great. They have huge sites for larger RVS. The best thing is the location. You can get to everything in Pigeon Forge by taking the back road that parallels the main road. We have a KOA membership that gets us a little discount and earns towards GC for future camping.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
Lack of HP

campground

We have stayed at Pine Mountain several times. Very clean, great level nice easy in and out campground. Stayed there last three years. Not one complaint. HP
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #9
campingcpl

Thanks for everyones input. I think we might of found a campgrounds that meets everyones wants and needs. I think we have decided on Twin Mountain RV Park. The reviews on this park have been pretty good and the ratings are not bad. The price is reasonable and it has a trolley stop which was another issue. This is our first trip to Pigeon Forge so we are really looking forward to the week we are planning on staying there for.

Again for everyones input. And if anyone has ever stayed at Twin Mountain I would love to hear about their experience there. From what I have heard so far we are going to want to get sites on the back side and not along the creek or in the middle because these sites can be unlevel and small in most cases.

Phil & Janine & Lady
Old 06-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
wva3185

I have stayed at Creekside and it is an Ok campground BUT there is a good bit of road noise. For larger rigs you would need to request a site back towards the end away from the office but the trees were few in that section when I was last there. The site I had was on the inner loop and it was a backin that is perpendicular to the road and with the trees and cars it was tough to get into the site. Rather cramped as well but they were a Passport America campground at the time so the rate was half off.
wva3185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
Htfiremedic

We have visited all of the parks in Pigeon Forge, scouting for suitable parks. Though we have not stayed at Bear Cove, that is where we intend to stay on our next trip. The folks in the office were quite cordial and were more than happy to spend time with show and tell about their facility. Our family(6-7 RV's) will make the trip in late summer, if possible.
Good luck and let us know how it works out!
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #12
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htfiremedic View Post
We have visited all of the parks in Pigeon Forge, scouting for suitable parks. Though we have not stayed at Bear Cove, that is where we intend to stay on our next trip. The folks in the office were quite cordial and were more than happy to spend time with show and tell about their facility. Our family(6-7 RV's) will make the trip in late summer, if possible.
Good luck and let us know how it works out!
Since you have seen Bear Cove do they have enough room on their sites to park a truck infront or beside a 35' + trailer or is it basically parking across the pad? From some of the pictures I've seen it looks like the new concrete pads have enought room to park off to the side of the trailer.

We wont be going till October but will do a posting of what we experienced. I'm sure if this is going to be a place we are going to come back to we will do the same and scout out the other campgrounds to see what they are like. We might even do it just to see what we missed while looking for a campgrounds.

Phil & Janine & Lady
Old 06-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #13
Htfiremedic

It looks as if they do have enough room to park a couple of vehicles per sight. Call the office and try will answer any questions that you have. Super nice folks!
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
rode2nowhere

Will be looking for a trip report, I plan on going there someday
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote