Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
dave-g

325 SRX- bike hold downs

Just picked up my new trailer on sat. So I'm trying to figure out every thing and improve on some things. I have taken some ideas from others- I put a rain gutter on the rear door, ordered the little island for the kitchen, and looking to add a generator bumper mount.

So last night I put one of 3 dirt bikes in the trailer. It fit but was a little tighter than I thought it would be, sideway- with the front wheel against the left side- about 3-4 inches at the rear wheel to the right side.

So here is the question do you think it is ok to put a piece of 3/4 plywood against the wall than using the tie downs have the bike put against it to hold the bike.

That is how I do it in the pick up truck bed, but I'm sure that is a lot stronger than the side of the rv. My fear is that I'll blow out the bottom of the wall or bow it.

If I mount something to the floor I want it 100% removable or flush.
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:43 AM   #2
pollockd

little island for the kitchen? where did you order it from?
pollockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
jje1960

Island cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollockd View Post
little island for the kitchen? where did you order it from?
Realise you asked pollockd... however found this one last fall and have bee super happy with it. We keep it in the garage during travel and just roll it in the kitchen when we open the slide. Anyway, quality stuff and matches the wood in the rest of the unit.

http://www.morekitchencarts.com/Home...-9001-0064.htm
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote