Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #21
Mychesh

Hankaye and Pete and Jane, thank you both for the advice. I do remember seeing a green light on the outlet in the bedroom. I wasn't sure what it was so i will do what you recommend. Also I was thinking of getting the windgard Carryout what are your thoughts?.take care all
Mychesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #22
Pete and Jeanne

Carryout TV Dish

Mychesh, the DW "hinted" that the grandkids were getting an education in "alternate" use of the English language whilst setting up the regular dish and tripod (I call it "Marine Corps Code"). That being said an early Father's Day (Paw-Paw's Day?) gift was the carryout. Would recommend it HIGHLY. My set up is Direct TV so the Carryout was already set to go. For other systems like Dish simple adjustments can be made....very easy. What a HOOT !! Make sure your receiver box is turned on first..connect the coax...then power the puppy up..a couple of whirrrs and clicks later...(up to a minute)..picture !!!. DW won't tell me what she spent(and I'm scared to ask) but GEEZ, it's worth it so far. Now to find where to put it so's it dosen't grow legs. It does come with a metal secureing ring. Some folks mount to roof...others to a ladder with extra mount.. however you use it,if you get one..enjoy. Good Luck and Travel Well....p.s. sorry to take so long getting back to you...pressures of being a Paw-Paw y'know..
Pete and Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #23
Mychesh

Thanks Pete and appologies to your DW who's name I spelt wrong. I am hoping that it will be easy to hookup using the sat hookup point in the convieniance center. Just a little frustrating that keystone don't think it good to label the outlets. Thank god for the experienced such as yourself. we are off to boriego springs calif in decemember. We have heard this is an awesome rv park. If you have been there in your travels any info would be appreciated. Take care ( I know the paw paw feeling!!!)
Mychesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #24
CdnSailor

We own a 2010 Cougar 326 and want to install a Satellite dish as we are going to a site that has no cable
Where the cable connector is hooked up there is a sign that say Satellite Prep. Not sure what that means.
Any help would be greatly appreicated.

2009 Chevrolet Silveraldo 2500HD Diesel Duramax 6.6 V-8 Crewcab
2010 Cougar 5th Wheel 326MKS
Shelties - Tanner, Ashley and Zoey
CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:44 AM   #25
slewis95407

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnSailor View Post
We own a 2010 Cougar 326 and want to install a Satellite dish as we are going to a site that has no cable
Where the cable connector is hooked up there is a sign that say Satellite Prep. Not sure what that means.
Any help would be greatly appreicated.
Daryl and Laureen

On my 2011 326 the satellite connection at the water works panel goes to the bedroom tv first. One of the connectors that has the short jumper cable (the other connector goes to the outside basement connection). To connect to the entertainment center tv you connect via the 12 powered connector (turn off the booster).

I didn't like this arrangement. So I installed a new satellite inlet behind the entertainment center. Installed the receiver behind the tv and connected the output for tv2 to the booster connector feeding the bedroom tv.

Scott

Fulltimer
2011 Cougar 326MKS
1997 F250 Reg. Cab. 7.3L
slewis95407 is offline   Reply With Quote