Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
WACKES12

Refrig on gas mode keeps clicking and 20 lb gas tank goes empty

Good Evening
I am having a issue with my refrig in the gas mode the light keeps flashing and the refrig keeps making a clicking sound also it will empty a 20lb gas tank is 4 hours and the frig will not get cold thanks for your help frank
WACKES12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:29 AM   #2
antiqfreq

I am sorry you are having issues with your fridge.

Can't say that has happened to me.

Our fridge will run many days on the gas only feature.

It does click when the tank is empty as it is continuing to try to re-light.

Jo

Maybe someone else here has an idea!
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:53 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Sounds like you have a serious gas leak somewhere to empty a tank in 4 hours. Even a BBQ with three burners on high will go for at least 12 hours. The fridge only should last over a month minimum.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:18 AM   #4
Lee

Hi,

It sounds as if you have 2 problems..... Your fridge won't lite and you have a propane leak.

The clicking you are hearing is the ignitor firing in the fridge that is tring to ignite the burner. When the fidge is turned on the ignitor will fire (click) until the burner ignites. If the burner does'nt ignite within a set time frame (~ 2 minutes) the fridge should stop the ignitor sequence (clicking) and require the operator cycling the on/off switch to re-try.

I cannot see how the fridge problem you describe would empty your propane tank in 4hrs. While tring to start the fridge do you smell propane inside or outside the RV?

Lee
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:47 AM   #5
Bob Landry

OP did not say, so we have to assume all of the other propane appliances are working correctly. If so that eliminates the bottles, pigtails, and regulator. I did have a defective regulator that would bleed a tank through it's vent. So, we really need to know what works and what doesn't. Otherwise, it's like asking the question, why won't my truck start.

I don't know why after a set period of trying to unsuccessfully ignite, the fridge would not give a check gas light or whatever system it uses to indicate that it's not getting gas

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #6
WACKES12

Propane leak

Thank you everyone for all of your responses my other appliances the heater and the stove work fine but i have been turning off the propane after using them so they if may not leak out thanks frank
WACKES12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #7
rhminva

I had a similar experience over the Memorial Day Weekend. Probably not your issue, but thought I'd throw it out anyway. On Sunday (after 2 days camping) I noticed my check lite was on for the fridge. It had been running on propane all weekend no problem. We were dry camping as there are no hookups. I turned off the fridge and on again. I heard the constant clicking as if it were trying to ignite. I check the stove, and made sure I had propane flowing, which I did. Then I checked the battery. Sure enough, it was low. I plugged into my truck and the fridge immediately started running properly.

I thought running my gen a couple hours each day would recharge the battery. I guess it's time to test it and perhaps replace. Anyway, the extremely low battery caused the fridge to act like it wouldn't ignite.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #8
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACKES12 View Post
Good Evening
I am having a issue with my refrig in the gas mode the light keeps flashing and the refrig keeps making a clicking sound also it will empty a 20lb gas tank is 4 hours and the frig will not get cold thanks for your help frank
If you are loosing that much gas that quickly, have it checked professionally. You Have a serious leak at the fridge. (I think you have 30 lb. tanks???? )
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote