Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
oldfamer

NO power

I have a 2008 Laredo and the breaker for the inside receptacle keeps tripping. I have nothing plugged into any of them. When I check them with a ohm meter (power off) my meter show an open circuit. Tonight I'm going to try and move the wire from that breaker to a didfferent on. Has anyone run across this problem before?

Thanks
Paul
oldfamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Bob Landry

If you have replaced an outlet, go back and recheck your work. Reverse polarity is a possibility. You didn't say if it was a breaker that supplies a GFCI plug. Those go bad also. Just go back and recheck any work that you may have done before it started happening. You might also have a defective breaker in the converter, but it's pretty rare for them to trip with no load on them. Just throwing out some possibilities.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:20 AM   #3
oldfamer

no power

I figured out my problem. I took the cover of the converter panel. The converter is on the same breaker as all the outlets. I removed the converter wire and everything else works. I took the converter out put on bench and hooked up to 120v. The breaker tripped right away. I hope the dealer will send me a new one because it 70 miles one way to the dealer.

Thanks
Paul
oldfamer is offline   Reply With Quote