Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
reubenray

L/R Slide???

While prepping our Cougar HC for our trip I noticed the living room slide was not plumb with the camper itself. The bottom is not going out as far as the top does. It is a little over an inch different. Even at the campground now it is the same. I put my level on it and it is not plumb with the camper either.

Any ideas on what to do? It is still under the one year warranty so I may take it to the dealer if this is a warranty item.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Ruben,

Adjustment to the slides, doors, windows, etc is only covered during the first 90 days. You may have a problem getting the dealer and/or Keystone to do the alignment under warranty. Lippert has the manuals for all their slideout systems on their website (do a search here for links) and it's reallly simple to adjust the alignment if you are somewhat handy with tools. Just remember that when moving the slide adjustment, do it slowly, a little at a time. AND remember what you moved where. When I did mine, I marked all the components where they were before I loosened the first bolt. That way, if I messed things up, I could just put them back to the marks and be back to where I started.

As I said, it's pretty simple to adjust the slides, so go online and check out their manuals and then, if you think you're up to it, and the dealer balks at doing it under warranty, just tackle it yourself.

Good luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
Quiroule

You need to adjust the slide’s cables.

Go to the ‘Cable replacement video’ on this link:

http://www.norcoind.com/bal/products...de/index.shtml

There are lots of good info on this link.

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Quiroule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #4
reubenray

Thanks everyone!!!

I will check into this when I get back home. The internet speed at the campground is not that fast.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:54 AM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

I do not have cable slides but when mine is extended it tips slightly away from the trailer. When the slide is in it is plumb with the trailer wall..... is your slide sealing properly when closed????? That is what I would be concerned about. The way my slide is when open has water running away from the trailer so I assume this is the proper adjustment. (But then you know what they say about ASSUME. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
reubenray

Yes the slide fits tight against the trailer when it is closed. You bring up a good point about it sloping away from the trailer.

This is the main reason for asking others how their slides fit inside. The top trim is against the wall (on the inside when slide is open) where the bottom is away from the wall.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

The important thing to check is how it fits from the outside. If it comes up snuggly and evenly on both side walls of the RV, then there isn't a problem about it not fitting properly. Our LR slide also slopes slightly away from the unit when extended - at least the roof is sloping away in the right direction --- downward.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #8
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
I do not have cable slides but when mine is extended it tips slightly away from the trailer. When the slide is in it is plumb with the trailer wall..... is your slide sealing properly when closed????? That is what I would be concerned about. The way my slide is when open has water running away from the trailer so I assume this is the proper adjustment. (But then you know what they say about ASSUME. JM2˘, Hank
I have cables and my slide is as above..
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Yes the slide fits tight against the trailer when it is closed. You bring up a good point about it sloping away from the trailer.

This is the main reason for asking others how their slides fit inside. The top trim is against the wall (on the inside when slide is open) where the bottom is away from the wall.
Is it just the molding or is there an open gap in the actual seal on the inside???
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
reubenray

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Is it just the molding or is there an open gap in the actual seal on the inside???
All I can see and feel is the molding.