Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Roberson4

Added 3rd bunk mattress to Avalanche 340TG bunk room

We pull the couch/bed out of its 'proper place' when setting up and have 3 mattresses down while camping. The couch can still be made into a air bed with enough space to walk past the end. We bought the 3rd matterss and it is on the floor where the couch was/is during transportation. This is where our 5 year old sleeps, so he is cool with it being on the floor. When in transportation the couch is moved back into its proper place with the mattress standing up between it and the wall.

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2001 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
B&W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch
Had
2008 Hornet Retreat 38BHDS (Good camper)
2006 Terry 320DBHS (POS)
Roberson4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
allentx1

We actually talked about pulling the couch completely in lieu of a fold out bunk and a chest of drawers. I like the shelves you made for the bunks, There is really no where to put a drink, book, video game, etc on those bunks. One modification I plan to tackle this summer is to make an in floor storage bin. I figure that the floor can have a hatch covered in the carpet that can be lifted up on hinges to reveal a toy box or whatever. I just need to pull the coroplast to see where the joists are.

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2010 Ford F-250 6.4l Power Stroke 2wd
Pullrite auto-slider hitch
Austin Texas area
allentx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Roberson4

Yeah, the kids had to have 'headboards' (they called them) to put their book, fans, ipods n such on.

I look forward to any information you can provide on your 'toy box' project. Sounds like something I also need to do.

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2001 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
B&W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch
Had
2008 Hornet Retreat 38BHDS (Good camper)
2006 Terry 320DBHS (POS)
Roberson4 is offline   Reply With Quote