Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2020, 12:35 PM   #21
May

Thanks Danny & Susan
May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:37 PM   #22
May

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Years ago I bought a Keystone Cabana used that was used as a hunting camp in the mountains of PA. The seller told me about the poonami and said the gray tank drained slow as well. He thought it may have been from puring the backun grease down the sink every morning. Ya think maybe that did it?

Anyway, I stopped at a self serve car wash in a small town and opened up the drain cal and looked in with a flashlight. It was a straight shot into the black tank and the gray tank was into the main line with a "Y". Couldn't be better.

After about an hour and $10 or so worth of quarters it was draining great. I swear I was hitting that change machine like a hot one armed bandit in Vegas. The amount of white chucks of grease from the gray tank was amazing.

And yes, I followed the clean outs from the car wash to the turn down that was in a sewer line and not a storm drain so the water was treated and did not end up in a stream.

I don't know when the last time this was ever driven/moved. It's parked, in a park and I'd be afraid to move it so I'll have to make due with a coat hanger and a hose/auger type thing that I'll get next week-end. Good for you ! I'd never drain grease down ! OH MY !
Old 07-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #23
May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyfry View Post
Maybe not for everyone, but we never put TP down the toilet, we use a bag. That said, I recommend Scott single ply TP. It seems to be popular as many prople on the groups use it. Lots less expensive than the Camping World RV TP!
As for the stuck paper, I suggest using a hook made from a wire coathanger and pulling the stuck piece(s) back out. Bringing in a hose with a nozzle and aiming it down the hole might also do the trick and take off whatever is making the paper stick to the pipe.

So I have to ask... For #1 we have a bag in the bathroom for the toilet paper. I can't imagine doing that for #2 with the TP-the smell would be horrific ! Is there a special container you can buy/use so it doesn't ?
Old 07-01-2020, 12:46 PM   #24
May

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS COMMENTED SO FAR ! This forum is awesome and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the comments / advice. Hopefully one day I have enough knowledge/experience to help some others who are new to trailers. I love it-it's my happy place... we back onto marsh (I get eaten alive by mosquitos every day/night but it doesn't matter). I get to relax in quiet/peace and have met some fantastic people and wildlife. I now can't imagine never having an RV...
Old 07-01-2020, 12:59 PM   #25
hankpage
Site Team

My '07 Cougar did not have a tank rise either. After each trip I would flush the tank with a flexible wand that you can get from Wallyworld, amazon or Camping world for around $20. The end swivels around with the water pressure and sprays the tank breaking up the Paper mache statues that you have created. Or would Poopermache be more accurate.. This may be your best bet since you don't want to break off large chunks that will block the valve.

Link to Walmart wand JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

Get yourself a Thermacell mosquito repellent. They work great when I've used them. We have 3 of them that we set outside where we set. https://www.thermacell.com/
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:52 PM   #27
May

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
My '07 Cougar did not have a tank rise either. After each trip I would flush the tank with a flexible wand that you can get from Wallyworld, amazon or Camping world for around $20. The end swivels around with the water pressure and sprays the tank breaking up the Paper mache statues that you have created. Or would Poopermache be more accurate.. This may be your best bet since you don't want to break off large chunks that will block the valve.

Link to Walmart wand JM2¢, Hank

Hank & Lynn-THANK YOU for the link ! Awesome ! I will see if I can find it now, before I head there on the week-end
Old 07-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #28
May

Quote:
Get yourself a Thermacell mosquito repellent. They work great when I've used them. We have 3 of them that we set outside where we set. https://www.thermacell.com/

Marshall-I thought so as well ! I bought one and a mosquito landed on it last week-end ! ha ha... Not sure if mine is defective. I changed the batteries and put in a new liquid pack and still tons of mosquitos. The coils work better where I am ! (I think I have to exchange it... I swear mine must be defective because everyone tells me they are fabulous !)
Old 07-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #29
flybouy
Site Team

These are the one's we have... https://www.thermacell.com/products/mr300-reseller

My niece's husband got me hooked innit. They live on the eastern shore in Maryland and he's an avid fisherman and duck hunter in the marsh lands over there. We've had them for about 7 years now and they are going strong. A little pricey for the butane and the sticks but typically I can find them reasonable during the off season and stock up for the year. Maybe yours is defective?
Old 07-01-2020, 02:26 PM   #30
flybouy
Site Team

May I forgot, we have 2 of the patio light resellers as well. https://www.thermacell.com/products/...o-shield-torch

If the mosquitos start to carry off the little kids and small dogs we'll break them out to.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:37 PM   #31
May

Quote:
May I forgot, we have 2 of the patio light resellers as well. https://www.thermacell.com/products/...o-shield-torch

If the mosquitos start to carry off the little kids and small dogs we'll break them out to.

Thanks flybouy ! Yes I think I have a defective one. I didn't they had others like torches/patio perimeter ones. Thanks for the links ! Right now they are deadly ! I look forward to August when they are almost gone !
Old 07-01-2020, 03:28 PM   #32
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by May View Post
I don't know when the last time this was ever driven/moved. It's parked, in a park and I'd be afraid to move it so I'll have to make due with a coat hanger and a hose/auger type thing that I'll get next week-end. Good for you ! I'd never drain grease down ! OH MY !

The car wash may not be practical but a magic wand sure is. The bend on my toilet drain is pretty sharp and I can't see much nor into the tank. I guess a person could buy one of those high tech camera things on a flexible stalk but I really don't want to look. A magic wand will fit down into the tank and you just hook it to a hose and open the drain. This one has a shut off on the wand (seems like that makes a lot of sense). I clean my drain and tank every now and again with this wand.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-RV-...c802c4f9597f74
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:36 PM   #33
Sarge2

I guess I'm confused.... so what else is new...lol.. that big black tank that is connected to the black tank on the trailer is an auxiliary holding thank that they pump out with the honey wagon? Or am I not seeing this? Like instead of dumping into an in ground pipe?
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:51 PM   #34
May

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
The car wash may not be practical but a magic wand sure is. The bend on my toilet drain is pretty sharp and I can't see much nor into the tank. I guess a person could buy one of those high tech camera things on a flexible stalk but I really don't want to look. A magic wand will fit down into the tank and you just hook it to a hose and open the drain. This one has a shut off on the wand (seems like that makes a lot of sense). I clean my drain and tank every now and again with this wand.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-RV-...c802c4f9597f74

Thanks ! You're the second to recommend this wand. I'm going to order it tomorrow...
Old 07-01-2020, 03:54 PM   #35
May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge2 View Post
I guess I'm confused.... so what else is new...lol.. that big black tank that is connected to the black tank on the trailer is an auxiliary holding thank that they pump out with the honey wagon? Or am I not seeing this? Like instead of dumping into an in ground pipe?

I have a big black tank that sits on the ground at the back of the trailer (most of it is under the trailer). Then I have two pull levers where I can release two holding tanks. One is grey (dishwater) and the other is dirty (toilet) apparently. So you can pull each lever to release each holding tank, and it unloads into the big black tank. Each week, there is a truck that comes around the park to each site, and they unload the big black tanks on the ground.

The blockage though with the toilet paper, I can see down the toilet...So I'm presuming that's on the way to the dirty holding tank and it's not reaching the tank.

What is a honey wagon ?
Old 07-01-2020, 04:06 PM   #36
Stumpy75

I have found that this helps too. There's even an explanation on the bottle of how to get rid of a plug!

https://www.amazon.com/RV-Tissue-Dig.../dp/B000GPO6FO

2014 Keystone Outback 210TRS
2020 F150, 3.5l, 4x4, 3.55:1, Supercrew
Stumpy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:11 PM   #37
May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy75 View Post
I have found that this helps too. There's even an explanation on the bottle of how to get rid of a plug!

https://www.amazon.com/RV-Tissue-Dig.../dp/B000GPO6FO

Thanks Chris...I had actually seen that when I was scrolling through RV toilet products on amazon and wondered if it would work. This is more for breaking up the TP in the holding tank right ? is that why you normally use it ? I will order this tomorrow as well... but good to know it might help with the plug ! What a mess
Old 07-01-2020, 04:15 PM   #38
flybouy
Site Team

A "honey wagon" is the truck that pumps out septic tanks, or in your case the "auxiliary holding tank".
Old 07-01-2020, 04:18 PM   #39
May

Quote:
A "honey wagon" is the truck that pumps out septic tanks, or in your case the "auxiliary holding tank".

Thanks... that's a really weird name for something that smells so bad ! ha ha
Old 07-02-2020, 02:27 AM   #40
notanlines

May, here is a typical 'honey wagon'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stool_bus.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	28397  
2021 40' Jayco Eagle