Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
tampacamper

Montana 3750FL

Hi everyone!!! My wife and I are thinking about upgrading to a Montana 3750Fl. Just looking for input from anyone that has one.

Thanks
tampacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Handysam

We personally LOVE that model/floor plan, front living room, nice size bedroom in the back and a big middle bathroom. I did not feel comfortable towing that unit with my Dodge 2500 ctd. If we had a 3500 drw. we would of gotten that model. Good luck, Sam
Old 03-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
jje1960

Montana 3750Fl

OMG, what a unit. If we were not so intent on the toyhauler, this unit would have been the dream! Your definitely looking at a prime cut. Agree that it's a beast that needs a beast of a TV also.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Love the floor-plan, it's as big as my house. I guess your looking for a new truck too? Good luck, I hope someone has feedback on it for you, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
hsmunoz

I looked very hard at that model. I loved the "feel" of it . I really wanted it but the wife was set on recliners and you cant put them in this model because the slide out gears are right under the couches. The other things was that the shower head was actually lower than all the other models even though the ceiling was higher. And the kitchen was a bit small.As well as the basement storage, Still I loved the bedroom and living room. and the separate access to the bath.
good luck with your decision.
hsmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
larrym

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1960 View Post
OMG, what a unit. If we were not so intent on the toyhauler, this unit would have been the dream! Your definitely looking at a prime cut. Agree that it's a beast that needs a beast of a TV also.
I'm curious what makes some think it requires so much more truck than some of the others n the same size group? The weights all around aren't much different, and in some cases less. The OP's truck is a stump puller already.
Banks SpeedBrake w/IQ
18K Superglide
RideRites & Pump
8-71 Blown '68 Nova SS
21' Interceptor 212BR
'23 T-Bucket, Tunnel Ram 427 BBC

https://banners.wunderground.com/weat...t=40 width=467
larrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
Paddler

Its the payload capacity of the 250/2500's that's the weak link. Empty pin weight of most Montana's is over 2000 lbs. Most 250/2500s have payloads of less than 3000 lbs. So many owners of Montana's towing with 250/2500s are over-weight, I figured I was over my 07 GMC truck's payload by 800-1000 lbs. Thus my new moose.

The 250/2500 diesels will pull the Montana's but...in the event of an accident, you'd be liabel, and your insurance company has their excuse not to pay your claims. JMHO
Old 03-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
HeliboylivesinaMT

We are full timers in the 3750FL and its a great set up for that I thought that the rear lounge models were a bit Awkward in design with the bathroom and shower some times in the bed room .. As I get up and require a shower early in the morning before work I need to have a wall between the bedroom and my better half and my morning abolutions... The lay out is GREAT .. the front living room is warm in the snow and after skirting it it is also warmer in the bedroom too.. the five...FIVE!!! slides are a remakrable large amount of space.. and over all I think Keystone did a good job desiging this unit.. I would, as always, have some questions for the engineers but that is always the way..

BTW.. Towing this "monster" with my 2012 Dodge 3500 CTD is no issue and the weights are all in the limiits.. Stopping and starting with everything stock is great.. but tstill can't weight till the warrenty is out and then.. chips and exahust ETC.

Small storage and and the kitchen ... well to each there own But both are adquite with enough planning and resourcefulness.. its all about compromise..

cheers!

FULL timing in:
--2012-Keystone Montana 3750FL, 6pt hyd jacks, OS 32" LCD, Mor-ryde hitch, Full Skirt,
--2012-Dodge 3500 LWB, CTD, 4x4, 4door, B&W 20k hitch,
--One Austrialian Cattle Dog
--One Awesome Wife
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER..
of course..
HBLIMT....
HeliboylivesinaMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
SAABDOCTOR

HI We too own a 2010 3750 i did pull it with a dodge 2500 diesel 6 speed heavy duty tow package. it towed fine except on long hills i had to drop down gears and po some people behind me. the truck was box stock and 351 rear. the 355 drw with 410 is much better. as far as the camper goes you will need to pries it out of my wife cold dead hands!!! WE love it we had an 03 front living room before this one no issues we liked the extra room with 2 slide in the living room and the second door near the bedroom. The second door was the selling point. allyeska is a 120 malmute and the thought of getting her out of the bedroom window if there was a fire was very scary for us so the second door is a winner. one thing is there is no second fre extinguesher in the back.(boy did i butcher that word) so we added one in the closet. the only beef we have and it is very minor is the lighting over the stove is not bright enough and the smoke detector is in such a place that it goes of a little prematurly... But only when i cook hum... we added a second a/c to it. we just love it. I think hank gave me the link to cw to get struts to hold the cbinet doors over the bed and dinet open. that was a life saver. as they open upward? and we hay steady fast system that i will put on it when the weather warms up. Hope you go for it happy campping.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote