Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
Brittlynn21

Lightbulb Leak in Springdale 2006

I am looking into purchasing a 2006 Springdale 267bh, and there seems to be some water coming in around the corner of the slide out under the table bench seat by the storage door, the current owner is not quite sure where it is coming from, and I was wondering if anyone has encountered this? I just want to know if this is going to be an easy fix if I end up purchasing this camper? All help would be great!!
Brittlynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. I noted you also posted this question in the Prospective Owner's section. I will delete that so all the answers will appear in one place. This will make it easier for members to comment and also easier for others to find the answers when searching for solutions to their leaking problems... Anyway, Here's my perspective:

It could be an easy fix or it could be a total remanufacturing of the affected area. Let's face it, the Springdale is 8 or 9 years old. If this leak has been "ongoing" since it was new, there could be substantial water damage, rotten wood, mold, damaged frame (Springdale RV's are wooden framed) and significant flooring issues. OR: It could be as simple as removing the outside storage door, recaulking it and reinstalling it to fix the issue. There is really no way to tell from simply looking at the "water stain" and know what's under all of the structure. You'll only know for sure when you disassemble/tear out the area in question.

I wouldn't suppose the current owner wants you taking a hammer to his walls, so you may not be able to find out until the RV is yours. Then, if there's a significant problem, it's too late to negotiate. Buyer Beware !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
Brittlynn21

Alright, thanks for the info! I have already checked under the carpet and the wood does not seem the damaged yet, so hopefully it is just a matter of finding the leak and stopping it before it gets worse.
Brittlynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote