Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2014, 06:23 AM   #1
leosonja

Question Access to bedroom slide motor

I have a larado 315 and the bedroom slide stopped working after our last trip. When I push the out button, I just hear thumping noise. My question is; how do I access the motor area? From inside or in the storage department?
leosonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:34 AM   #2
jsmith948

If you search the forum, you may find threads regarding BR slides. I seem to recall a thread about someone trying to add storage under their bed. It turned out that is where the slide mechanism is. You might try looking for the motor and slide mechanism under there?

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:03 AM   #3
byrdr1

Mine is under the bed. 4 screws hold one large piece of 1/2 plywood on all 4 corners. remove these screws and the plywood and the motor with all the wiring is right there.
There is another smaller piece of plywood that hides the attachment screws that holds the bed frame to the slide.
These can sometimes work loose. IF they do the bed will wobble and sometimes not even go out with the slide(just an FYI)
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
leosonja

Access to bedroom slide motor

Thanks, I located it under the bed. I took it apart, the gears looked good and after I put it back together and reinstalled the motor assembly, it seemed to work OK. The problem I was having was when I pushed the out button, it sounded like it was in a bind. Not sure where to go now. Like anything, it will probably happen again, and it is a pain to take that King bed apart.
leosonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

If it does happen to reoccur, the slide may be misaligned which would cause it to bind. The cable mechanism might need checking and; if necessary, readjusting so that the slide is being extended and retracted with equal pull on both sides. Your slide manual - if you have one - might explain how to make this adjustment. If you don't have one, try going to the manufacturer's website and downloading an owner's/operator's manual.