Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2020, 07:37 AM   #1
JohnnyP

Water Heater

My water heater fires and works great on LP but does not like to work on elec. The breaker is not tripped and the anode looks really good. 1st time on it got warm but then nothing. Any suggestions?
JohnnyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:06 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
My water heater fires and works great on LP but does not like to work on elec. The breaker is not tripped and the anode looks really good. 1st time on it got warm but then nothing. Any suggestions?

JohnnyP, You have to guess that there are several types of water heaters in Keystone campers. List your year, make and model as well as the same info for your tow vehicle in your signature which can be added by clicking the UserCP button on top/left of each page. Then open your outside water heater door and look around the edge for the manufacturer's label. Who made the thing and what model would really help answer your question. I know Suburban but not Atwood... just saying.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:56 AM   #3
levic900rr

I had some funky water heater issues early this season. I traced it back to a loose crimped connector on the panel. Just grab some needle nose and lightly pinch each connection to make sure they're tight.
levic900rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 04:28 AM   #4
Schbobby

Also at Waterheater there is an electrical reset on the heater itself. See if the reset has popped by pushing these in!
Schbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:54 AM   #5
travelin texans

If it has an anode rod it's a Suburban heater. BTW that rod has nothing to do with the operation of the water heater, but should be checked at least annually to protect the tank.
The issue could be that someone has turned it to electric with no water in the tank & burnt up the element.
If the reset doesn't work remove the black cover & check that the thermostat wires haven't been shorted against the tank, had this on mine a few years ago.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater