Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
sandy43

Heads-Up on water leaks

My new Alpine sprung a leak yesterday. A fitting broke loose behind the cargo wall and a ton of water, fortunately went down to the bottom and collected in the under carriage. Drained all the water and drying out all the insulation, which might take several days.

What others need to know is, when I found the leak and corrected it I checked all the other fittings and found three others loose and ready to separate at any time. It's easy to check and that cargo wall comes down easily. Be prepared to see a spaghetti mess, hoses and wires intertwined and haphazardly going in all directions.

I still love my Alpine, best RV I've owned. This one and only one problem still leaves a smile on my face (so far). This is something I could fix without long delays from the dealer. Thanks
sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
alpine 1

just got my new 2012 3500re Tuesday and boy o boy I'm i happy did a full pdi and so far all good just can't wait till may4Th fist trip of the summer . but it looks Small when done in full paint still love it.sorry to hear abut the leek
Old 04-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
SAD
Permanent User Ban

We almost never connect to city supply. Even when at a site with water hookup. We travel with our tank 100% full all the time. Not only do we always have water on the road, when we arrive at the campsite, it's one less thing to hookup.

We live off the pump and tank. When our 66 gallons nears depletion, we fill it back up. We're a family of two, so of course we don't use it as fast as those who have kids with them. But using the pump 100% of the time will keep you abreast of even a pending leak in an unseen space like under the floor.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:53 AM   #4
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD View Post
We live off the pump and tank. When our 66 gallons nears depletion, we fill it back up. We're a family of two, so of course we don't use it as fast as those who have kids with them. But using the pump 100% of the time will keep you abreast of even a pending leak in an unseen space like under the floor.
Know that 66 gallons is a 50 gallon fresh water tank, a 12 gallon water heater, and 4 gallons in the plumbing.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
turbopilot51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy43 View Post
My new Alpine sprung a leak yesterday. A fitting broke loose behind the cargo wall and a ton of water, fortunately went down to the bottom and collected in the under carriage. Drained all the water and drying out all the insulation, which might take several days.

What others need to know is, when I found the leak and corrected it I checked all the other fittings and found three others loose and ready to separate at any time. It's easy to check and that cargo wall comes down easily. Be prepared to see a spaghetti mess, hoses and wires intertwined and haphazardly going in all directions.

I still love my Alpine, best RV I've owned. This one and only one problem still leaves a smile on my face (so far). This is something I could fix without long delays from the dealer. Thanks
We also suffered a leak but on the black tank flush. Since it was the first time camping, it was the first time to use the flush system. The dealer found a lose fitting and fixed it and dried everything out. Then they ran the black flush for 15 minuets to check for other leaks. We are camping this weekend and hope every thing works ok. We still love our rv!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo View Post
Know that 66 gallons is a 50 gallon fresh water tank, a 12 gallon water heater, and 4 gallons in the plumbing.

Ron
Ok... When our 50 gallons nears depletion...
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote