Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
joekrulder

Someone fess up: BCM?

OK, so, we have a 2017 Keystone Outback 332FK. Recently we had a power outage. When power returned, the top ceiling interior lights were not working.

At the control panel, I pressed "Interior Lights" cause this is usually the "switch" for those. But the control panel kept stating "Connecting to BCM" and a little wheel spinning and an option to push "Dismiss". More concerning was that by pressing any button on the panel it does not auto show the level of the tanks, black or grey.

What the heck is BCM, why does it need dismissal, and why is the panel being goofy?

Additional woes, neither the security lights, nor the exterior lights come on. The only "switch" I know for those are also on the touch-sensitive panel.

Thank you in advance?
joekrulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:01 PM   #2
Retired Copper

Maybe Chuskster will see your post or maybe you should post it elsewhere in forum. He would be better to answer your question. I found a guy with the same problem on the net and a rv tech answer was found in just answers.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:07 PM   #3
Retired Copper

By the way Welcome to the forum. Try posting in the repair section and maybe Chuckster , JRHR or Sourdough will see it and can help you out more.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

BCM is the control module, but unfortunately we don’t service units that use this system. I am familiar with the LCI “one touch” and your Outback most likely base “in command”.

Sorry, I’m not going to be much help other than to say try resetting the panel. I have no idea where the BCM is located.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:53 PM   #5
bobbecky

https://in-command.net/faqs/
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:38 AM   #6
ChuckS

I really hope the dealer ships selling these units with “In Command” will get off their butts and educate themselves and educate their customers when buying.

99% of the issues with this system would be resolved if this was done.

And Kudos to Jensen ASE for what appears to be very good customer support.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote