Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
blackty

Was told by a fellow camper that is a Ford mechanic:
1. base fuel pressure is barely adequate when new-there is an upgraded regulator spring kit available
2. only use Ford fuel filters(motorcraft)
3. delete egr & cooler
4. the required cetane is higher than at most pumps, he adds cetane booster
His is a 2005 DRW crew cab and he loves it. I don't know, that is what I was told...Jim
Old 11-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #22
LittleJoe

Jlarocca:
"Little Joe how do you like the way your Dodge tows? I'm not a Dodge fan and have always bled Ford blue but I've been very disappointed in this truck. I also really liked the power that my motorhome had with the 5.9L 12V Cummins"

Quiet happy with how my dodge pulls and really like the 6spd manual when towing. It is last year of no emission engines and oil stays clean on dipstick for several thousand miles.

My BIL owns an 07 F350 SRW with 6.0 litre and pulls a 42' triple axle toyhauler. It works hard in the hills but most anything would with his load.
He has not yet deleted EGR but is on his list (hopefully before its too late).
He gets overboost code when using cruise control at crest of large hills. As long as he does not use cruise the overboost code does not show up.

It does not lack for power and is 100% stock.
2014 FJR
2014 Jetta TDI
LittleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #23
jlarocca

I might have had some bad fuel when I brought the rig home. I put some Cetane booster in and filled up before we went on our first trip this weekend and the truck pulled a lot better. Not as good as I remember my 7.3L pulling but better than it did last week. I was able to get up to highway speeds. This 6.0L has been one issue after another. I bought the truck without doing a whole lot of research on the 6.0L or it would have scared me away. I assumed "powerstroke" and it would be as good as my trusty 7.3L. I fell in love with the aesthetics and my brain wasn't on straight anyway as it is a Harley Davidson Edition Crew Cab in the Black/Grey color combination that I was looking for. I still love the truck...just wish I could get past this engine. I just don't have the time, patience or money to be working on this thing constantly. What it boils down to is I'm wanting a new truck with warranty for piece of mind. Thanks so much for everyone's replies.
jlarocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #24
davidjsimons

Little Joe: I had an '01 & '03 with the six speed manual and 4.10's, awesome trucks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote