Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
JRTJH
Site Team

Quite a nice suprise

I just received a call from Keystone Customer Support. Susan, the lady who called told me that she was following up on an email I had left on the website asking about construction techniques/schematics on my trailer. Best as I can remember, I wrote those comments back in mid October, 2010. So, Keystone may be slow, but suprisingly, they did respond. We had a very nice conversation this afternoon, she answered several questions and told me that if I ever needed customer support, to call and she or her counterparts would be happy to help me.

All I can say is "WOW" what a suprise

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Do you think that it is a coincidence that the call came when your warranty had just run out????
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Do you think that it is a coincidence that the call came when your warranty had just run out????
WOW Such cynicism.... <sigh> My warranty doesn't run out until October 11, 2011. Please don't spoil the moment with bitterness. Thankfully, not everything is tied to that type of motive.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 08-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Sorry .... I wasn't trying to rain on your parade. I have had nothing but good experiences with my dealer and Keystone but it just seemed odd that it would take almost a year to return a phone call. Her office must be wallpapered with "Sticky Notes".
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Your experiences mirror mine. Camping World of Northern Michigan, my dealer has been very active in making sure we have had positive experiences. The only problem has been the refrigerator, it stopped cooling and was replaced by Dometic. Overnighted to the dealer and installed the next day, we were down a total of 3 business days (and a weekend) which I thought was great turn around time. So, Kudos to CW for the help. And, as for Keystone, from so much negativity and lack of response that has been documented here, I'd pretty much expected to never hear anything unless it was negative from them. Admittedly, almost a year is a LONG LONG time to wait for a response from a manufacturer, and truthfully, I'd not expected anything from them because of the time. It was a real suprise to get the call, completely out of the blue. I guess there is some truth to the saying that nothing is ever lost on the internet, it will always be found "somewhere".

I thought it would be nice to document something pleasant that occurred since so much has been documented about the negative issues with Keystone. Susan didn't "do" anything for me, no problems were resolved and nothing miraculous occurred, but she offered to answer any questions, did research a couple of issues and gave me straight forward information that seemed accurate and reasonable.

I'm pleased that so far, I've had no real issues with my Springdale and now, even more pleased that it appears, at least someone has heard from customer support at the factory.

No, I haven't "guilded the lilly," at least I haven't tried to do that, just wanted to report something nice that happened to me today. Tomorrow, I'll wake up, and have to face the reality that bugs are all over the front of the trailer from our recent trip, it needs to be washed and I suppose the "sweetness" of today's phone call will be lost in a bucket of suds and brushes......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
mustang94

I have been talking with Susan for weeks now... Very sweet and nice person but her hands are tied and not able to make decisions on her own... Sorry Susan but I just had to go over your head....
mustang94 is offline   Reply With Quote