Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2016, 08:22 AM   #1
Scooper

2016 Outback 325BH Problems

First time poster! I purchased a 2016 Outback 325 BH in May of 2016. On our first trip out one week later there was a pretty good storm that blew through and I discovered at bedtime that I was standing in water. Camping world found a void in the sealant on the roof and repaired it. I am no longer getting water inside my trailer but am getting water into my storage compartment ceiling " the luan plywood stuff". My trailer has been living at camping world it seems after every trip.My concerns are, how long did it leak on the lot prior to my purchasing the unit and how much damage is already going on. I have had a host of other things as well, I have the rounded wall beside the pantry that has completely split in half as well as several plumbing issues and electrical issues going on. Lights will just go off, the toilet has consistently leaked at the connection, cook top vent fan stopped working, door will not close without slamming the heck out of it. The trim around the kitchen slide is loose and dangling off and I could really go on and on. With all this said, we love our trailer and this is not the first one I have owned. The layout and fit of the trailer is great for my family of five but I just wonder what my options are as I feel like this thing will never hold up for me. I did purchase all the extended warranty I could but the time frame of repairs at camping world and the lack of communication from them is really disheartening. Any suggestions?
Scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
Jim & DJ

Sorry for your problems.
If your dealer is worth it, they need to correct
the problems asap.
Jim & DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #3
Camping Buddys

Sorry about all your problems with the new Outback.
We have the same RV, owned for 5 months, and so far, few items needed to be corrected. It's ok now, not good or great, but ok. We are the 2nd owners. With all the rv's out there, it's a gamble, some are good and some really bad.
Use the warranty and don't settle for anything done halfway.
Blessings!
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:40 PM   #4
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooper View Post
First time poster! I purchased a 2016 Outback 325 BH in May of 2016. On our first trip out one week later there was a pretty good storm that blew through and I discovered at bedtime that I was standing in water. Camping world found a void in the sealant on the roof and repaired it. I am no longer getting water inside my trailer but am getting water into my storage compartment ceiling " the luan plywood stuff". My trailer has been living at camping world it seems after every trip.My concerns are, how long did it leak on the lot prior to my purchasing the unit and how much damage is already going on. I have had a host of other things as well, I have the rounded wall beside the pantry that has completely split in half as well as several plumbing issues and electrical issues going on. Lights will just go off, the toilet has consistently leaked at the connection, cook top vent fan stopped working, door will not close without slamming the heck out of it. The trim around the kitchen slide is loose and dangling off and I could really go on and on. With all this said, we love our trailer and this is not the first one I have owned. The layout and fit of the trailer is great for my family of five but I just wonder what my options are as I feel like this thing will never hold up for me. I did purchase all the extended warranty I could but the time frame of repairs at camping world and the lack of communication from them is really disheartening. Any suggestions?
I understand your concerns. Some of the things you like the door requiring to be slammed to shut may indicate water intrusion for some time. No dealer is going to have a lot of tech time available for another few weeks. After school starts up there is a short rush and then things get calm. When you bought at CW you were provided an email address for Marcus ~ the CEO. He does read them. Use it.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:58 AM   #5
Scooper

Thanks, for all the responses! I hope to have everything corrected soon,so we can enjoy our trailer like we want to .
Old 09-21-2016, 08:38 AM   #6
Tbos

Good luck. Keep us updated regarding resolution of the issues.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:10 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

If you haven't already, you need to be on a first name, eyeball to eyeball level with the service manager and GM of the dealership. Deal with them politely and professionally but forcefully. Your problems could be causing issues further down the road so they need to be addressed thoroughly and completely now.

How it plays out is going to depend in large part on how responsive your dealer is to their customers and their relationship with Keystone. Document everything and take pictures. Many times your pictures can make the difference when the ones submitted by the dealer won't get it. Your documented historical data does carry weight.

Your RV should still be under manufacturer warranty so use it until they get it right. "Getting it right" may, unfortunately, require you to be very involved in the process to facilitate things getting done. Don't sit for weeks while they dilly dally - contact them daily via email (paper trail) if required. If they tell you there is an issue with Keystone have them (or Keystone) provide you all the documents that they have exchanged (they will; I've done it). Get involved with Keystone if you have to so that you can further explain your situation - and they will note it, but, they will always go back to the dealer to process the issue.

And, as was mentioned above, contact Marcus Lemonis if you need to. I've done that. He does read his email...even at 9pm and gets results. Not for piddly stuff but it sounds like you may have an issue that could substantially damage a new trailer. Remember, he only controls the CW portion, not Keystone, and he is only as good as the support folks at the dealership where you bought.

I hate to hear of the problems you are having and hope that you can get them resolved so you can get to camping!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:09 PM   #8
Scooper

Thanks for the info. Today I recieved a call from my dealer telling me that the wall panel that cracked has been discontinued and is no longer available. I was advised that I would have to come in and pick out another color for the interior wall of my trailer and it could serve as an "accent" wall. I really do not understand how a panel from a 2016 model trailer could already be discontinued and I certainly do not want a non-matching "accent wall" in my trailer. I think it is time to take a different route with this thing and see what I can get done. I really like my warranty advisor at CW, he has been very easy to deal with and seems to understand my position. At this point I need an advocate and someone that will stand up for me and my purchase. I wish I had my old trailer back at this point, it was a whole lot less headache for me and I would still have my 40 grand.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:54 PM   #9
CaptnJohn

WoW! I hope you can get this all worked out and soon. I noticed on the Cougar page my model is only available from stock. It is also a 2016 model. Although they started building 2017 models it is sad they discontinued the 2016 parts already. So far I've had only minor things CW took care of quickly. I had zero problems with my last camper as well. However, after reading stories like yours it is unlikely I'd look forward to buying another. Best of luck!

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:42 PM   #10
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

Re: 2016 Outback 325BH Problems

I have a 2016 325BH and love it. Sorry to hear about your problems.

The longer I have campers, the more I realize there isn't much to them. Having issues on a new one is frustrating no doubt, but if you can fix them and move on... you can start enjoying to camp in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:29 AM   #11
Scooper

Re: 2016 Outback 325BH Problems

I love mine as well. I just wish I were not having all these issues. I expected some as I have built homes and there is always a punch out list, but I was not expecting structural issues such as walls separating. My problem is if I were looking to replace this one, I would be looking for basically the same thing. The layout of my trailer is perfect. With a family with three little boys there is plenty of separation for them to do their thing as well as come together in the main living area. Keystone knocked it out of the park with the design of the 325BH, I just wish their craftsmanship were better. Anyways, thanks for all the advice and input, this forum is invaluable to campers and all the experience gathered here is a tool I am proud to have. Thanks again, Steve