Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
ripperoo

Positive Report on Keystone and Camping World Warranty Work!

Hi all,

Sorry for the long post, but I justed wanted to give a positive report on my experience with Keystone and Camping World. Usually we only read reports about the negatives; which is probably why I was so pleasantly surpirse with the service I received. Ha ha.

I just bought my first new camper in March. It's a 2011 Keystone Sprinter Select 29BH. Despite the issues described, I was very pleased with the overall fit and finish of the camper. I had it at the house for about a month, checking everything out, doing a couple of mods and making a list for any warranty repairs I wanted done before heading out on the fist trip. Well, I ended up with a few items:

-Radio/DVD station preset buttons 4&5 would not save.
-Small bump in exterior fiberglass wall. Due to a screw being driven in too far from inside. Afraid it would eventually crack. About the size of a large pencil eraser.
-Trim band around dinnette table was loose on a 3" section.
-Slideout slightly out of adjustment. It was leaving a flattened down area on the carpet on one side.
-Rear cargo door hole was cut out a bit too big leaving a 3/8" x 4" gap at the top right. Though it was sealed up with clear caulk, you could see daylight coming through. Looked cheezy. Structually sound.
-Crackling noise coming from a/c ducts in living room and bedroom when fan is on. Sounded like fluttering aluminum foil.

Well, the dealer I bought it from (Sirpilla RV in Akron, Ohio) is connected with Camping World at the same location. Camping world does the warranty work. I am thrilled with both.

About 3 days after dropping it off, Traci at Camping World called me and gave an update. They had verified everything and spoke with Keystone. Traci was terrific with communication. I never had to call for updates on the progress. Keystone approved all repairs which includes:

-Replacing the radio.
-Fixing the screw/bump issue. Any fiberglass repair if needed.
-Remove and reinstal the trim band on dinnette.
-Adjust the slideout.
-Tighten the a/c unit, and trim/repair any insulation inside the ducts which were making the noise. Includes removing any ceiling panels to gain access if needed. Probably won't, but Keystone authorized it all if needed.
-Replacing the rear cargo door completely with a slightly bigger one to get a better fit. This involves Keystone "making" a new custom sized door which will be about a half inch bigger on all four sides.

Now I know some of you are thinking, or are going to say that a brand new camper probably shouldn't have had any of these issues. And I totally agree! However, it did. But, the exceptional, trouble free, no fighting, no going back and forth service I am receiving from both Keystone and Camping World is fantastic! They did a tremendous job fixing everything.

In general, when I look at the overall fit and finish of the trailer, I am very pleased, and would buy again. I really thought I was going to be fighting some of these issues, but not at all.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share a good experience for once. The terrific service I received, made the incovenience of having the issues in the first place, a non-issue. Thanks to both Keystone and Camping World/Sirpilla.

Mark
Old 04-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Thank you for sharing some good news for a change!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #3
ripperoo

My pleasure.

You know, I really thought that they would say that bump in the wall was fine and not do anything about it.

But Keystone is the one who actually pushed to fix it. They said that I should have it fixed because THEY feared it could crack in the FUTURE. I mean, they actually pushed me to have work done that they would have to pay for.

The bump is really very small; and in all honesty, I probably would have beleived them if they said it would be a non-issue.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
Handysam

Yes, Thanks for sharing your info. I read your report on the other forum and was glad to hear it. Happy Camping, Sam
Old 04-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
ripperoo

Yea, I thougth I'd share the love with RV.net as well.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
Lack of HP

I am glad you have had a great experience with both. I bought a new 2011 High Country 291rls in June of 2010. I had it back at CW more than I used it. It was a constant fight to get things repaired and had to threaten a lawsuit to get the slide replaced. It was nothing but issues and service was terrible. I decided to trade, and my old army buddy is the salesman there. He told me they had a new GM and things had changed. They did somewhat as I did trade, traded for the 327res. Should have went for the Grand Junction or Big Horn I was looking at. I traded on April 11, went out on 2 weekends to shake it out and it has been at CW the rest of the time. Nothing but issues as my previous post indicate as the propane door blew off in less than 1 mile from the dealer. I have contacted Bowling Green ( Camping World HQ ) with no results and can not get Keystone to respond. As soon as I can get it repaired enough to trade it is going. (The trade won't be at CW ) Never another Keystone or Camping World for me. Several thousands dollars wills make you feel this way. All they want is the sale.
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
RonVal

I bought a 2010 copper canyon 273ret from camping world of st augustine in april. I was very pleased with the camper and the service from camping world. They seemed to check everything out pretty thoroughly when I picked it up and we only had 1 very minor issue that I fixed myself. There was some very minor trim pieces that could have been reglued in a couple of spots but overall everything works well and we are very pleased both with keystone and camping world. We really love the layout of ours and there are alot of very well thought out things they do to make these campers comfortable. The delivery guy even took the time to shop with us in the store and show us what to buy and not to buy to get started.
RonVal is offline   Reply With Quote